- ‘Not a scientist’ not enough for some U.S. Republicans
Rick Perry’s farewell speech to the Texas legislature listed the accomplishments expected from an outgoing Republican governor of the country’s largest oil-producing state. But his [...]
- Climate change could impact poor more than thought
It’s widely accepted that climate change will have bigger negative impacts on poorer countries than wealthy ones. However, a new economic modeling study finds that [...]
- Senate fails to accept humanity’s role in climate change, again
It is nearly 27 years now since a Nasa scientist testified before the US Senate that the agency was 99% certain that rising global temperatures [...]
- Obama: No greater threat to future than climate change
What President Barack Obama described as the greatest threat to future generations was neither terrorism nor ISIS. It wasn’t nuclear weapons in rogue states either.
- 2014 Breaks Heat Record, Challenging Global Warming Skeptics
Last year was the hottest on earth since record-keeping began in 1880, scientists reported on Friday, underscoring warnings about the risks of runaway greenhouse gas [...]
- White House Targets Methane to Slow Climate Change
It’s 20 times more powerful than carbon dioxide.
The White House announced Wednesday morning a new plan to cut methane emissions in the oil and gas [...]
- Climate Change-Denying Senator Cruz Will Oversee NASA
Senator Ted Cruz of Texas will chair the Senate subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, providing him with an oversight role of the National Aeronautics [...]
- Estimated social cost of climate change underestimated
The economic damage caused by a ton of carbon dioxide emissions – often referred to as the “social cost” of carbon – could actually be [...]
- Australia records third-warmest year in 2014
Australia has recorded its third-warmest calendar year since national records began in 1910, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) says.
Frequent heatwaves and a marked reduction in [...]
- Playing Dumb on Climate Change
Scientists have often been accused of exaggerating the threat of climate change, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that they ought to be more emphatic about [...]