- The real significance of Obama’s Keystone XL veto
The seemingly unending Keystone XL saga hit the spotlight again Tuesday — when President Obama vetoed legislation that would have approved the pipeline. The bill [...]
- Can only Republicans help Republicans on climate change?
On a Tuesday conference call, climate policy champion Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.) predicted that the toxic politics of global warming will change “because of [...]
- With climate change, US presidents matter
Yesterday, President Barack Obama became the first president who has taken a stand to stop climate change.
Actually, that isn’t quite true. President Obama took that [...]
- Prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry
A prominent academic and climate change denier’s work was funded almost entirely by the energy industry, receiving more than $1.2m from companies, lobby groups and [...]
- Fight climate change, make money
Though the public rarely notices, businesses succeed because of their planning. To see what is happening now, while positioning yourself to make the most of [...]
- Citigroup to invest $100bn in tackling climate change
Citigroup, the third largest US financial institution, on Wednesday said it will invest a whopping $100bn over the next decade to reduce the impacts of [...]
- Has America entered the age of ‘megadroughts’?
Before this century ends, the Southwest and Central Plains states are likely to shrivel under a decades-long megadrought worse than those that ended the Ancestral [...]
- Scientists urge global ‘wake-up call’ to deal with climate change
Climate change has advanced so rapidly that the time has come to look at options for a planetary-scale intervention, the National Academy of Science said [...]
- WH: Climate change directly impacts more Americans than terrorism
The White House stood by its decision on Tuesday to include climate change impacts in its national security strategy released last week.
When asked if [...]
- Climate Change Is of Growing Concern to U.S. Hispanics
Alfredo Padilla grew up in Texas as a migrant farmworker who followed the harvest with his parents to pick sugar beets in Minnesota each summer. [...]