- Is Europe Retreating From Its Climate Change Leadership?
The European Union’s proposals for a new energy and climate strategy to 2030 have split opinion.
The main components of the package are:
- The bottom line: global warming bad for business
Guilt, cajoling and hard science don’t appear to do the trick.
Perhaps an unbalanced balance sheet will.
At the annual four-day World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, [...]
- Stop the foot-dragging on climate change
The world has very little time — perhaps 15 years — to make serious inroads on climate change, according to a leaked report from a [...]
- Climate change ‘will double’ El Niño events
A critical weather pattern that fuels deadly weather around the world – the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ESNO) – was previously defined as occurring [...]
- Scientist to US Senate: ‘Climate change is a clear and present danger’
Last Thursday, the US Senate committee on environment & public works held a four-hour hearing to review President Obama’s Climate Action Plan. The hearing began [...]
- Senate Democrats Aim to Shift Politics of Climate Change
Senate Democrats launched a new effort Tuesday to reclaim the political initiative in the climate change debate and create a sense of urgency about mitigating [...]
- Public attitudes often at mercy of the weather, study finds
When much of North America was caught in the grip of unusually cold weather in early January, images of ice-encased lighthouses on Lake Michigan and [...]
- Climate Change Might Just Be Driving the Historic Cold Snap
It’s polar bear weather today for much of the Midwest. Temperatures are in the -20sº F (-28º C) and -30sº F (-35º C) in eastern [...]
- Cold weather snap fuels misinformation over climate change
Meteorologists predict record-low temperatures for large swaths of the United States on Sunday and Monday.
The cold snap, which comes after snow blanketed much of the [...]
- Climate-change response demands urgency
Just how much will the Earth heat up over the next 100 or 200 years? Climate scientists are not able to predict with high certainty. [...]