- Climate change by the numbers: The worst is yet to come
“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations,” President Obama [...]
- Will Climate Change Swamp the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island?
On October 29, 2012, superstorm Sandy barreled toward New York City. Liberty and Ellis Islands, two relatively tiny pieces of land huddled together in the [...]
- How is global warming affecting precipitation?
The United States and Japan are getting set to launch a 4.3-ton satellite designed to monitor rain and snowfall in unprecedented detail.
The agencies announced on [...]
- Climate change endangers reindeer games
Reindeer may or may not be able to fly – that’s a matter of belief – but they definitely need room to roam and lichen [...]
- Turning up the volume on climate change isn’t changing behaviour
On discovering that their mother tongue is not shared by everyone, tourists have been known to redouble their efforts to communicate by raising their voices. [...]
- Why aquariums are obsessed with climate change
The Monterey Bay Aquarium, on California’s central coast, is just about the most soothing environment imaginable. Strolling through dimly lit caverns of muted colors while [...]
- Three Ways U.S.-China Conflict Is Helping on Climate Change
The state-run air quality monitoring station in Beijing isn’t new. It has been operating since 1974. But last year for the first time, it began [...]
- Global Warming Fight Advances With First Steps on Treaty
Diplomats from almost 190 nations endorsed a set of measures on global warming, laying the groundwork for a treaty to be adopted in 2015 that [...]
- EU official: U.N. needs global warming answer by 2015
After another U.N. climate conference gave only modest results, European Climate Commissioner Connie Hedegaard says the process needs to provide a “substantial answer” to global [...]
- Climate change pledges: rich nations face fury over moves to renege
Developing nations have launched an impassioned attack on the failure of the world’s richest countries to live up to their climate change pledges in the [...]