- Key climate-change measurement imperiled
One of the planet’s top dipsticks is in trouble.
The “Keeling curve,” the most famous measurement of the world’s rising levels of carbon dioxide for the [...]
- Wyoming rejects science education standards over climate change
Over the past several years, a number of states have worked with organizations including the National Research Council, National Science Teachers Association, and the American [...]
- Crop Yields Seen Damaged by Climate Change Earlier Than Thought
Corn, wheat and rice yields will start to suffer from climate change in 2030, according to a study led by the U.K.’s University of Leeds [...]
- Senate Democrats’ All-Nighter Flags Climate Change
In the summer of 2010, it was Harry Reid, the Senate’s Democratic leader, who squelched his party’s efforts to pass a climate change bill, declaring [...]
- New NASA Study Warns Of Climate Change’s Pace
NASA jumped back into the discussion of global climate change Tuesday with a new study that showed Earth’s climate will experience roughly 20 percent more [...]
- How Climate Change Drove the Rise of Genghis Khan
The Mongol warlord built the world’s largest land-based empire. But he couldn’t have done it without a change in climate.
In the late 1100s, the Mongol [...]
- How climate change ended world’s first great civilisations
The world’s first great civilisations appear to have collapsed because of an ancient episode of climate change – according to new research carried out by [...]
- Tim Cook tells climate change sceptics to ditch Apple shares
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has bluntly told climate change sceptic investors to ditch their stocks if they do not support his pledge to slash [...]
- Is it time for international agreements to recognize national laws?
The world is seeing sobering signs of climate change’s accelerating impacts, from longer, more intense droughts to stronger storms and rising seas. Yet in contrast [...]
- Justices question Obama climate change regulations
The U.S. Supreme Court appeared closely divided on Monday as it weighed whether the administration of President Barack Obama exceeded its authority when crafting the [...]