- Cool summer doesn’t invalidate climate change
Labor Day has come and gone. Autumn looms. But how can summer be over when it never really began?
If you feel cheated — where were [...]
- Brian Cox: scientists giving false sense of debate on climate change
Scientists are doing the public a disservice in their attempts to communicate certainty in climate change science, often giving a “false sense of debate” by [...]
- Polar vortex visits to U.S. linked to climate change
Remember the polar vortex, the huge mass of Arctic air that can plunge much of the U.S. into the deep freeze? You might have to [...]
- The country’s sinking debate over global warming
The national debate on climate change has devolved.
By the late 1990s, big U.S. businesses were beginning to accept that greenhouse gases must be wrung out [...]
- Clive Palmer to host ‘world climate change convention’ at his resort
The Palmer United party leader, Clive Palmer, has announced plans to host an unofficial “world climate change convention” at his Sunshine Coast resort, but would [...]
- Climate change reflected in altered Missouri River flow
Montana farmer Rocky Norby has worked the land along the Missouri River for more than 20 years, coaxing sugar beets and malted barley out of [...]
- Climate change may ‘bottleneck’ the Panama Canal
For the last century, the Panama Canal has been a key factor in world trade, enabling shippers to move more than 300m tons of products [...]
- Frustrating Climate Change Memes That Just Won’t Die
Whenever I write about climate change, deniers quickly respond that I have it all wrong. Global warming actually stopped over a decade ago, they say. [...]
- Will climate change ruin Aspen’s economy?
Auden Schendler doesn’t seem like a worrywart. Tan, fit, blond, and perpetually smiling, he has the typical manner of a resident of Colorado’s Roaring Fork [...]
- Keystone XL could mean more carbon emissions
Building the Keystone XL pipeline could lead to as much as four times more greenhouse gas emissions than the State Department has estimated for the [...]