- Bill McKibben’s Sophie Prize Win For Climate Change Activism
American environmentalist Bill McKibben has won the $100,000 Sophie Prize for being a mobilizing force in the fight against global warming.
The award committee commended McKibben [...]
- How Climate Change Could Affect Seasonal Allergies
Climate changes and rising carbon dioxide levels don’t just affect the environment. Experts say they also affect your nose. Warmer temperatures and higher carbon [...]
- For Insurers, No Doubts on Climate Change
If there were one American industry that would be particularly worried about climate change it would have to be insurance, right?
From Hurricane Sandy’s devastating [...]
- Climate change may be baring Mount Everest
A warming climate is melting the glaciers of Mount Everest, shrinking the frozen cloak of Earth’s highest peak by 13% in the last 50 years, [...]
- Experts: CO2 record illustrates ’scary’ trend
The old saying that “what goes up must come down” doesn’t apply to carbon dioxide pollution in the air, which just hit an unnerving milestone.
- Carbon Dioxide Level Passes Long-Feared Milestone
The level of the most important heat-trapping gas in the atmosphere, carbon dioxide, has passed a long-feared milestone, scientists reported on Friday, reaching a [...]
- European carbon market in trouble
As the centerpiece of Europe’s pledge to lead the global battle against climate change, the region’s market for carbon emissions effectively turned pollution into a [...]
- Surge in valley fever blamed on climate change
California and federal public health officials say that valley fever, a potentially lethal but often misdiagnosed disease infecting more and more people across the nation, [...]
- Hawaii in Climate Change Bullseye
Tropical cyclones of the future may have the Hawaiian islands in their cross hairs, according to a new study of how climate change will alter [...]
- Climate change: When rain, rain won’t go away
“I’d never seen the river that high,” says Susan Hammond. “But I was pretty certain the bridge wasn’t going anywhere.”
She was wrong.
On Aug. 28, 2011, [...]