- The bottom line: global warming bad for business
Guilt, cajoling and hard science don’t appear to do the trick.
Perhaps an unbalanced balance sheet will.
At the annual four-day World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, [...]
- Stop the foot-dragging on climate change
The world has very little time — perhaps 15 years — to make serious inroads on climate change, according to a leaked report from a [...]
- Climate change ‘will double’ El Niño events
A critical weather pattern that fuels deadly weather around the world – the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ESNO) – was previously defined as occurring [...]
- Scientist to US Senate: ‘Climate change is a clear and present danger’
Last Thursday, the US Senate committee on environment & public works held a four-hour hearing to review President Obama’s Climate Action Plan. The hearing began [...]
- Senate Democrats Aim to Shift Politics of Climate Change
Senate Democrats launched a new effort Tuesday to reclaim the political initiative in the climate change debate and create a sense of urgency about mitigating [...]
- Public attitudes often at mercy of the weather, study finds
When much of North America was caught in the grip of unusually cold weather in early January, images of ice-encased lighthouses on Lake Michigan and [...]
- Climate Change Might Just Be Driving the Historic Cold Snap
It’s polar bear weather today for much of the Midwest. Temperatures are in the -20sº F (-28º C) and -30sº F (-35º C) in eastern [...]
- Cold weather snap fuels misinformation over climate change
Meteorologists predict record-low temperatures for large swaths of the United States on Sunday and Monday.
The cold snap, which comes after snow blanketed much of the [...]
- Climate-change response demands urgency
Just how much will the Earth heat up over the next 100 or 200 years? Climate scientists are not able to predict with high certainty. [...]
- Climate change by the numbers: The worst is yet to come
“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations,” President Obama [...]