- A Green Energy Industry Takes Root in California
The sun is starting to grow jobs.
While interest in alternative energy is climbing across the United States, solar power especially is rising in California, the [...]
- Motivated by a Tax, Irish Spurn Plastic Bags
There is something missing from this otherwise typical bustling cityscape. There are taxis and buses. There are hip bars and pollution. Every other person is [...]
- The CO2 State
If Texas were its own country, it would be the 48th most populous in the world, right between North Korea and Ghana. In terms of [...]
- G8, EU make progress in climate commitments: study
The Group of Eight industrialized nations and the European Union have made greater strides this past year than previously in meeting their commitments to stem [...]
- Amid election, coal takes the offensive
Facing a bruising fight over climate change, the coal industry is on the political offensive this election year to ensure that no matter who wins [...]
- UN says warming threatens fish stocks
Major world commercial fish stocks could collapse within decades as global warming compounds damage from pollution and overfishing, U.N. officials said Friday.
A U.N. Environment Program [...]
- Pythons could squeeze lower third of USA
As climate change warms the nation, giant Burmese pythons could colonize one-third of the USA, from San Francisco across the Southwest, Texas and the South [...]
- It’s waste not, want not at super green Subaru plant
LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Subaru’s giant assembly plant here is on track to produce 180,000 cars this year. Yet the automaker pledges that virtually none of [...]
- Bill would require California’s science curriculum to cover climate change
Reading, writing and . . . global warming?
A Silicon Valley lawmaker is gaining momentum with a bill that would require “climate change” to be among [...]
- Global warming could invite sharks to Antarctica: biologists
Global warming could make Antarctic waters more inviting to crabs and sharks that would threaten the frigid continent’s unique ecosystem, biologists warned Friday.
Antarctica’s waters remain [...]