- Gore: Polluters manipulate climate info
Research aimed at disputing the scientific consensus on global warming is part of a huge public misinformation campaign funded by some of the world’s largest [...]
- Global-Warming Deniers: A Well-Funded Machine
Sen. Barbara Boxer had been chair of the Senate’s Environment Committee for less than a month when the verdict landed last February. “Warming of the [...]
- Climate Flooding Risk â€˜Misjudgedâ€™
Climate change may carry a higher risk of flooding than was previously thought, the journal Nature reports.
Researchers say efforts to calculate flooding risk from climate [...]
- Global food crisis looms as climate change and population growth strip fertile land
Climate change and an increasing population could trigger a global food crisis in the next half century as countries struggle for fertile land to grow [...]
- Ice fjords, lifeblood for polar species, at risk in melting Arctic
The Svalbard archipelago near the North Pole is already seeing the dramatic effects of global warming: the mercury is rising twice as fast as elsewhere [...]
- Global warming will bring stronger storms, tornadoes: study
Violent storms and tornadoes may become more common as the earth’s climate warms, a study by NASA scientists showed Thursday.
Researchers at NASA’s Goddard Institute for [...]
- Warming Trend: White Jeans Year Round
Labor Day is upon us, and Maury Rogoff has no intention of putting away her white jeans. It has been years since the New York [...]
- Fight Over Oil Tax Threatens Energy Bill
House leaders pressed Democrats from oil states Friday to support $16 billion in oil industry taxes and sought a compromise over use of renewable fuels [...]
- Bush Calls Meeting on Global Warming
U.S. President George W. Bush unveiled plans on Friday for global warming talks next month that will bring together the world’s biggest polluters to seek [...]
- APEC finance ministers see need to ‘go beyond’ Kyoto
APEC finance ministers Friday said that the world needed to “go beyond” the Kyoto Protocol to adequately address climate change.
The call came in a communique [...]