- It’s waste not, want not at super green Subaru plant
LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Subaru’s giant assembly plant here is on track to produce 180,000 cars this year. Yet the automaker pledges that virtually none of [...]
- Bill would require California’s science curriculum to cover climate change
Reading, writing and . . . global warming?
A Silicon Valley lawmaker is gaining momentum with a bill that would require “climate change” to be among [...]
- Global warming could invite sharks to Antarctica: biologists
Global warming could make Antarctic waters more inviting to crabs and sharks that would threaten the frigid continent’s unique ecosystem, biologists warned Friday.
Antarctica’s waters remain [...]
- Global warming threatens to redraw world’s wine map: experts
Champagne produced in southern England? Bordeaux in the Loire Valley?
Climate change is threatening to redraw the world’s wine-producing map, and the effects are already being [...]
- For â€˜EcoMoms,â€™ Saving Earth Begins at Home
The women gathered in the airy living room, wine poured and pleasantries exchanged. In no time, the conversation turned lively — not about the literary [...]
- NY City Council Approves a Bill Requiring Residents to Recycle Electronics
New York City is a step closer to adopting one of the toughest electronics recycling laws in the nation, despite strong objections from manufacturers and [...]
- Next US president will take action on climate change: Stiglitz
Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel laureate economist, declared himself “almost certain” Thursday that the next US president, whoever it turns out to be, will get tough [...]
- Investors discuss climate risks at UN
Hundreds of investors controlling $20 trillion in capital came searching for answers Thursday on how to put a price on carbon emissions blamed for global [...]
- Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021
Lake Mead, a key source of water for millions of people in the southwestern United States, could go dry by 2021, a new study finds.
- London plans to punish gas-guzzling vehicles
London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Tuesday announced a stinging new charge on driving gas-guzzling vehicles into the centre of the capital, in a bid to [...]