- Fight against global warming need not dent growth: IMF
The International Monetary Fund on Thursday said it was possible to fight global warming without negatively impacting economic growth.
“Climate change is a potentially catastrophic global [...]
- Dumb as We Wanna Be
It is great to see that we finally have some national unity on energy policy. Unfortunately, the unifying idea is so ridiculous, so unworthy of [...]
- Bicycle-Sharing Program to Be First of Kind in U.S.
WASHINGTON — Starting next month, people here will be able to rent a bicycle day and night with the swipe of a membership card.
A new [...]
- Narwhals more at risk to Arctic warming than polar bears
The polar bear has become an icon of global warming vulnerability, but a new study found an Arctic mammal that may be even more at [...]
- Climate change now a UN human rights issue
Climate change is now officially a human rights issue, as the UN Human Rights Council late last month passed a resolution on the subject, recognizing [...]
- Pine beetle outbreaks turn forests into carbon source
An outbreak of mountain pine beetles in British Columbia is doing more than destroying millions of trees: By 2020, the beetles will have done so [...]
- Levels of Carbon Dioxide in Atmosphere Increase
Atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide, the principal heat-trapping gas, are continuing to rise at an accelerating rate, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration reported. And [...]
- Europe Turns to Coal Again, Raising Alarms on Climate
CIVITAVECCHIA, Italy — At a time when the world’s top climate experts agree that carbon emissions must be rapidly reduced to hold down global warming, [...]
- US hybrid sales up 38 percent in 2007; Prius leads the pack
Kim Fenske drives a bus in Colorado by day, but when he’s not working, he zooms around the mountains in a 2007 Toyota Prius.
Fenske, an [...]
- McCartney urges vegetarianism to fight climate ills
Former Beatle Paul McCartney is urging the world to go vegetarian in a bid to fight global warming and is surprised more green groups don’t [...]