- Motivated by a Tax, Irish Spurn Plastic Bags
There is something missing from this otherwise typical bustling cityscape. There are taxis and buses. There are hip bars and pollution. Every other person is [...]
- The CO2 State
If Texas were its own country, it would be the 48th most populous in the world, right between North Korea and Ghana. In terms of [...]
- G8, EU make progress in climate commitments: study
The Group of Eight industrialized nations and the European Union have made greater strides this past year than previously in meeting their commitments to stem [...]
- Amid election, coal takes the offensive
Facing a bruising fight over climate change, the coal industry is on the political offensive this election year to ensure that no matter who wins [...]
- UN says warming threatens fish stocks
Major world commercial fish stocks could collapse within decades as global warming compounds damage from pollution and overfishing, U.N. officials said Friday.
A U.N. Environment Program [...]
- Pythons could squeeze lower third of USA
As climate change warms the nation, giant Burmese pythons could colonize one-third of the USA, from San Francisco across the Southwest, Texas and the South [...]
- It’s waste not, want not at super green Subaru plant
LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Subaru’s giant assembly plant here is on track to produce 180,000 cars this year. Yet the automaker pledges that virtually none of [...]
- Bill would require California’s science curriculum to cover climate change
Reading, writing and . . . global warming?
A Silicon Valley lawmaker is gaining momentum with a bill that would require “climate change” to be among [...]
- Global warming could invite sharks to Antarctica: biologists
Global warming could make Antarctic waters more inviting to crabs and sharks that would threaten the frigid continent’s unique ecosystem, biologists warned Friday.
Antarctica’s waters remain [...]
- Global warming threatens to redraw world’s wine map: experts
Champagne produced in southern England? Bordeaux in the Loire Valley?
Climate change is threatening to redraw the world’s wine-producing map, and the effects are already being [...]