- NY City Council Approves a Bill Requiring Residents to Recycle Electronics
New York City is a step closer to adopting one of the toughest electronics recycling laws in the nation, despite strong objections from manufacturers and [...]
- Next US president will take action on climate change: Stiglitz
Joseph Stiglitz, the Nobel laureate economist, declared himself “almost certain” Thursday that the next US president, whoever it turns out to be, will get tough [...]
- Investors discuss climate risks at UN
Hundreds of investors controlling $20 trillion in capital came searching for answers Thursday on how to put a price on carbon emissions blamed for global [...]
- Lake Mead Could Dry Up by 2021
Lake Mead, a key source of water for millions of people in the southwestern United States, could go dry by 2021, a new study finds.
- London plans to punish gas-guzzling vehicles
London Mayor Ken Livingstone on Tuesday announced a stinging new charge on driving gas-guzzling vehicles into the centre of the capital, in a bid to [...]
- Donâ€™t Let the Green Grass Fool You
AS a suburban environmentalist, Mike Tidwell, 45, of Takoma Park, Md., always felt like a walking contradiction.
Though he had quit his job as a journalist [...]
- King penguins could be wiped out by climate change: study
One of the emblems of the Antarctic, the king penguin, could be driven to extinction by climate change, a French study published on Monday warned.
- No targets reached at climate conference
A meeting of delegates from the nations that emit the most pollutants ended without concrete targets for slashing greenhouse gas emissions, but participants praised what [...]
- Hundreds of profs hold green ‘teach-in’
Global warming issues took over lecture halls in colleges across the country Thursday, with more than 1,500 universities participating in what was billed as the [...]
- Australia experiences hottest ever January: weather bureau
Australia experienced its hottest January on record this year, with the dry continent heating up as part of the global warming process, the bureau of [...]