- US hybrid sales up 38 percent in 2007; Prius leads the pack
Kim Fenske drives a bus in Colorado by day, but when he’s not working, he zooms around the mountains in a 2007 Toyota Prius.
Fenske, an [...]
- McCartney urges vegetarianism to fight climate ills
Former Beatle Paul McCartney is urging the world to go vegetarian in a bid to fight global warming and is surprised more green groups don’t [...]
- Greening the Bronx, One Castoff at a Time
No one would mistake Timpson Place in the South Bronx for the cradle of a new environmental movement. This short street wedged between Bruckner and [...]
- Why Bother?
Why bother? That really is the big question facing us as individuals hoping to do something about climate change, and it’s not an easy one [...]
- In the Himalayas, a climate-change calamity builds
PUNAKHA, BHUTAN — High in the Himalayas, above this peaceful valley where farmers till a patchwork of emerald-green fields, an icy lake fed by melting [...]
- States Sue EPA Over Global Warming
BOSTON (AP) — A group of state attorneys general is taking the EPA back to court to try to force it to comply with a [...]
- Amphibians may soon disappear
The Chinese calendar says 2008 is the year of the Rat, but according to the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and a host of [...]
- Bands of All Stripes, Keeping It Green
Peter Shapiro knows what people think when they hear the phrase “Earth Day concert.” Maybe Jackson Browne. Maybe Bonnie Raitt.
Not that there’s anything wrong with [...]
- March the warmest on record over world land surfaces
Planet Earth continues to run a fever. Last month was the warmest March on record over land surfaces of the world and the second warmest [...]
- How to Win the War on Global Warming
Americans don’t like to lose wars—which makes sense, since we have so little practice with it. Of course, a lot depends on how you define [...]