- Race Car Driver Aims to Put Brakes on Global Warming
Race-car driver Leilani Munter was on Capitol Hill yesterday telling members of Congress how to combat global warming.
Race cars are notorious polluters. NASCAR only [...]
- World can ‘afford’ to solve its environmental woes: OECD
The world could solve many of the major environmental problems it faces at an “affordable” price, the OECD said Wednesday, warning that the cost of [...]
- EPA: No timeline for high court request
Nearly a year after being told to do so, the head of the Environmental Protection Agency said Tuesday he couldn’t say when he would comply [...]
- ‘Earth Hour’ to plunge millions into darkness
Twenty-six major cities around the world are expected to turn off the lights on major landmarks, plunging millions of people into darkness to raise awareness [...]
- Western Antarctic ice chunk collapses
A chunk of Antarctic ice about seven times the size of Manhattan suddenly collapsed, putting an even greater portion of glacial ice at risk, scientists [...]
- Study: Warming may threaten Lake Tahoe
A new study predicts water circulation in Lake Tahoe is being dramatically altered by global warming, threatening the lake’s delicate ecosystem and famed clear waters.
- Curbing soot could blunt global warming: study
Sharply reducing the amount of black carbon — commonly known as soot — in the atmosphere could help slow global warming and buy precious time [...]
- Clicking, at Last, on ‘Don’t Print’
WITH this column, I am relearning how to write.
Until last week I collected interview notes and e-mail exchanges and Web downloads on my computer, then [...]
- Climate crisis getting short shrift in US president race: Gore
Former US vice president and renowned climate change fighter Al Gore said Saturday that the global warming crisis is getting short shrift in this year’s [...]
- Famed geneticist creating life form that turns CO2 to fuel
A scientist who mapped his genome and the genetic diversity of the oceans said Thursday he is creating a life form that feeds on climate-ruining [...]