- US leads search for climate solutions
The most striking thing about the Miasole solar cell production plant in San Jose is how much of it is empty.
Probably less than a fifth [...]
- NJ enacts anti-global warming law
New Jersey became the third state in the nation to enact a comprehensive greenhouse gas reduction law Friday, requiring the Garden State to significantly cut [...]
- In Sweden, Itâ€™s Global Warming vs. Big Heavy Cars
DANDERYD, Sweden — Perhaps more than most Europeans, Swedes have a love affair with big cozy cars.
And with good reason: Volvo and Saab, two of [...]
- Could this be the global-warming generation?
It’s billed as the biggest show on earth: eight pop music concerts spanning 15 time zones and an expected TV, radio, and Internet audience of [...]
- Live Earth set to rock the world on July 7
From New York to the Antarctic, from Shanghai to Rio de Janeiro, the world is getting ready to rock Saturday as organizers of the Live [...]
- Ancient Arctic ponds drying up as climate warms
Ancient ponds in the Arctic are drying up during the polar summer as warmer temperatures evaporate shallow bodies of water, Canadian researchers said on Monday.
- Humans to blame for global changes in rain: study
Human activities that spur global warming are largely to blame for changes in rainfall patterns over the last century, climate researchers reported on Monday.
The report [...]
- Drip, drip of global warming spells change in northern Russia
It is summer in this reindeer-herding village in northern Russia and with not an iceberg in sight, residents are acquiring a taste for bathing in [...]
- From Schuss to Slush: Warming Trend Threatens Resorts in French Alps
Muddy slopes, slushy peaks, unused lifts — one town in the French Alps is living out the nightmare of many a ski resort in a [...]
- Governors address climate change
States should develop creative approaches to climate change, just as they have with challenges such as health care, despite their different economic interests, governors said [...]