- UN: Global Warming to Hit Poor Hardest
NEW DELHI — Global warming will likely hit food production in developing nations the hardest, increasing the risks of drought and famine in the countries [...]
- Early 2007 saw record-breaking extreme weather: U.N.
The world experienced a series of record-breaking weather events in early 2007, from flooding in Asia to heatwaves in Europe and snowfall in South Africa, [...]
- European Heat Waves Are Getting Longer
Researchers studying western European temperature records have found that the length of heat waves there has doubled since 1880, from 1.5 days to 3 days [...]
- Bush climate meeting draws doubts about action
A U.S. summit in September on climate change, one of at least four international meetings set for this year, is already raising doubts about any [...]
- Gore: Polluters manipulate climate info
Research aimed at disputing the scientific consensus on global warming is part of a huge public misinformation campaign funded by some of the world’s largest [...]
- Global-Warming Deniers: A Well-Funded Machine
Sen. Barbara Boxer had been chair of the Senate’s Environment Committee for less than a month when the verdict landed last February. “Warming of the [...]
- Climate Flooding Risk â€˜Misjudgedâ€™
Climate change may carry a higher risk of flooding than was previously thought, the journal Nature reports.
Researchers say efforts to calculate flooding risk from climate [...]
- Global food crisis looms as climate change and population growth strip fertile land
Climate change and an increasing population could trigger a global food crisis in the next half century as countries struggle for fertile land to grow [...]
- Ice fjords, lifeblood for polar species, at risk in melting Arctic
The Svalbard archipelago near the North Pole is already seeing the dramatic effects of global warming: the mercury is rising twice as fast as elsewhere [...]
- Global warming will bring stronger storms, tornadoes: study
Violent storms and tornadoes may become more common as the earth’s climate warms, a study by NASA scientists showed Thursday.
Researchers at NASA’s Goddard Institute for [...]