- Donâ€™t Let the Green Grass Fool You
AS a suburban environmentalist, Mike Tidwell, 45, of Takoma Park, Md., always felt like a walking contradiction.
Though he had quit his job as a journalist [...]
- King penguins could be wiped out by climate change: study
One of the emblems of the Antarctic, the king penguin, could be driven to extinction by climate change, a French study published on Monday warned.
- No targets reached at climate conference
A meeting of delegates from the nations that emit the most pollutants ended without concrete targets for slashing greenhouse gas emissions, but participants praised what [...]
- Hundreds of profs hold green ‘teach-in’
Global warming issues took over lecture halls in colleges across the country Thursday, with more than 1,500 universities participating in what was billed as the [...]
- Australia experiences hottest ever January: weather bureau
Australia experienced its hottest January on record this year, with the dry continent heating up as part of the global warming process, the bureau of [...]
- No Furnaces but Heat Aplenty in â€˜Passive Housesâ€™
DARMSTADT, Germany — From the outside, there is nothing unusual about the stylish new gray and orange row houses in the Kranichstein District, with wreaths [...]
- Warming may spread tick-borne disease
The brown dog tick (Rhipicephalus sanguineus) rarely bites people, far preferring the taste of dog. But global warming could be changing that, exposing people to [...]
- Elkhorn Slough acquisitions help combat global warming
The need to protect coastal marshes, where great seabirds journey and tiny shellfish scurry, has focused largely on saving wildlife.
This month’s expansion of the Elkhorn [...]
- NASA study links severe storm increases, global warming
The frequency of extremely high clouds in Earth’s tropics — the type associated with severe storms and rainfall — is increasing as a result of [...]
- Himalayan villagers on global warming frontline
Standing in the Himalayan valley of Langtang, Rinjin Dorje Lama remembers where he used to play as a child in the 1960s.
“When I was a [...]