- GAO faults agencies over global warming
Wildfires are flaring bigger and hotter in Alaska, the northern Rockies and the Sierra Nevada. Bighorn sheep, mountain goats and grizzly bears in Glacier National [...]
- Climate Change Redraws World Maps
Drastic changes to land and water wrought by climate change are forcing cartographers to redraw their maps of the world.
Evidence of the effects of human [...]
- For-Profit Crusade Against Junk Mail
Pankaj Shah may be the only chief executive in Silicon Valley striving to put himself out of business.
He is the founder of GreenDimes, a small [...]
- Global warming may pose threat to heart
Global warming may be melting glaciers and forcing polar bears onto land, but doctors warn it could also affect your heart.
“If it really is a [...]
- What Is John Dingell Really Up To?
John Dingell, wearing a seersucker suit perfect for the summer heat, was sitting on stage inside the Pioneer High School auditorium on a recent afternoon, [...]
- WWF says Asia-Pacific coal rush worsens global warming
Growing dependence on cheap coal to power rapid economic growth in the Asia-Pacific could undermine efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that is blamed for [...]
- Agreement reached on greenhouse gas curb
Negotiators from 158 countries reached basic agreement Friday on rough targets aimed at getting some of the world’s biggest polluters to reduce emissions of the [...]
- Dutch build towering wind turbines out at sea
There is no shortage of wind in the densely-populated Netherlands but there is a shortage of space and in a nation which likes its houses [...]
- Texas startup says it has batteries beat
Millions of inventions pass quietly through the U.S. patent office each year. Patent No. 7,033,406 did, too, until energy insiders spotted six words in the [...]
- Europe photovoltaic capacity seen tripled by 2010
Installed capacity of photovoltaic systems, which turn sunlight into power, will triple by 2010 to 3 gigawatts (GW) in Europe due to efforts to fight [...]