- Going Green
The beauty industry is beginning to turn over a new leaf by introducing ecologically sound business methods.
Aveda, the Estee Lauder Cos.-owned beauty brand, switched its [...]
- Ruling Undermines Lawsuits Opposing Emissions Controls
Yesterday’s Supreme Court ruling on carbon dioxide emissions largely shredded the underpinning of other lawsuits trying to block regulation of the emissions and gave new [...]
- Justices Say E.P.A. Has Power to Act on Harmful Gases
In one of its most important environmental decisions in years, the Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to [...]
- Is China outdoing US in curbing carbon?
If the United States starts charging people and businesses for the greenhouse gases they emit but China does not, America’s economy could fall behind its [...]
- Protect God’s creation: Vatican issues new green message for world’s Catholics
The Vatican yesterday added its voice to a rising chorus of warnings from churches around the world that climate change and abuse of the environment [...]
- California Hotels Go Green With Low-Flow Toilets, Solar Lights
Visitors to the Gaia Napa Valley Hotel and Spa won’t find the Gideon Bible in the nightstand drawer. Instead, on the bureau will be a [...]
- Poll Finds Majority See Threat in Global Warming
Americans in large bipartisan numbers say the heating of the earth’s atmosphere is having serious effects on the environment now or will soon and think [...]
- Canada to ban incandescent light bulbs by 2012
Canada will ban the sale of inefficient incandescent light bulbs by 2012 as part of a plan to cut down on emissions of greenhouse gases, [...]
- Sheryl Crow ends global-warming tour
WASHINGTON – Their college tour ended, Sheryl Crow and Laurie David describe their efforts to stop global warming [...]
- College Tour Means the World to Sheryl Crow
Sheryl Crow’s gonna soak up the sun while it’s still free.
The cost of global warming is another matter, and that’s what brings Crow and environmental [...]