- The wrath of 2007: America’s great drought
America is facing its worst summer drought since the Dust Bowl years of the Great Depression. Or perhaps worse still.
From the mountains and desert of [...]
- Denver targets global warming
Denver is gearing up to fight global warming, and residents may soon be asked to make personal sacrifices to help save the planet.
The new plan [...]
- Southeast Asia battles dengue surge, climate fears
Southeast Asian nations are battling a surge in dengue cases, amid signs that climate change could make 2007 the worst year on record for a [...]
- Bush unveils climate strategy ahead of G8
President George W. Bush unveiled a long-term strategy on climate change on Thursday, with plans to gather the countries that emit the most greenhouse gases [...]
- Murdoch sets emissions goal
The world’s top media company, News Corporation, will slash its global carbon footprint to zero under a bold plan revealed by its chairman, Rupert Murdoch.
- Bangkok turns lights out to highlight global warming
Thailand’s capital turned the lights out Wednesday in an effort to raise awareness of global warming, with six Bangkok neighbourhoods plunged into partial darkness for [...]
- U.S. greenhouse gas emissions up
U.S. and Russian greenhouse gas emissions rose in 2005, more than cancelling out a dip in the European Union’s emissions despite growing calls [...]
- GM joins U.S. climate action campaign
General Motors Corp., and nearly a dozen other major companies, have joined the growing number of businesses calling for limits on greenhouse gases to combat [...]
- Tornado wipes Kansas farming town off the map
The Midwest has been left reeling by a devastating wave of tornadoes which have left at least ten people dead, dozens injured and virtually wiped [...]
- Japan Gives $2.1B to Stem Climate Change
Japan pledged up to $2.1 billion in aid Sunday to the Asian Development Bank to combat global climate change and promote greener investment in the [...]