- Supreme Court Ruling Removes Obstacle to California Clean Cars Law
Decision Means Federal Judge in Fresno Should Dismiss Automakers’ Challenge to California Global Warming Law, According to NRDC.
SAN FRANCISO (April 2, 2007) – Today’s ruling [...]
- Supreme Court Rules Unanimously Against Power Plant Polluters
New Source Review Case Upholds Key Tenet of Clean Air Act
WASHINGTON (April 2, 2007) — In the second of two major environmental decisions handed down [...]
- Sydney, Australia’s Largest City, Turns Out Lights to Register Global Warming Concerns
The Sydney Opera House’s gleaming white-shelled roof was darkened Saturday night along with much of the rest of Australia’s largest city, which switched off the [...]
- Supreme Court Rejects Bush in Global Warming Debate
Court Says Environmental Protection Agency May Determine Effect of New Car Emissions on Global Warming
For the first time in its history, the U.S. Supreme Court [...]
- Singapore launches first “Bring Your Own Bag Day”
SINGAPORE, April 18 (Xinhua) — Singapore on Wednesday launched the first “Bring Your Own Bag Day”, aimed to cut use of plastic bags.
At many participating [...]
- Climate Change Worries Military Advisers
We’re used to hearing scientists warn us about climate change. Now a group of retired generals and admirals says global warming could provoke serious national [...]
- For Evangelicals, Global Warming is a Pro-Life Cause
Top Catholic and evangelical leaders on Monday called on Congress to pass climate change legislation, framing their pleas in the same kind of passionate biblical [...]
- Home Depot to Display an Environmental Label
After squabbling over prices for decades, the nation’s big-box retail chains are ready to battle in a new arena: the environment.
Home Depot today will introduce [...]
- Tyson Foods and ConocoPhillips to Produce Diesel Fuel
Tyson Foods and ConocoPhillips have cooked up a new recipe for your pickup truck.
The two companies announced Monday that they were forming an alliance to [...]
- Coastal areas face risks from warming
WASHINGTON — Coastal communities around New England and the rest of the United States will be “increasingly stressed” by global warming in the coming decades [...]