- Could this be the global-warming generation?
It’s billed as the biggest show on earth: eight pop music concerts spanning 15 time zones and an expected TV, radio, and Internet audience of [...]
- Live Earth set to rock the world on July 7
From New York to the Antarctic, from Shanghai to Rio de Janeiro, the world is getting ready to rock Saturday as organizers of the Live [...]
- Ancient Arctic ponds drying up as climate warms
Ancient ponds in the Arctic are drying up during the polar summer as warmer temperatures evaporate shallow bodies of water, Canadian researchers said on Monday.
- Humans to blame for global changes in rain: study
Human activities that spur global warming are largely to blame for changes in rainfall patterns over the last century, climate researchers reported on Monday.
The report [...]
- Drip, drip of global warming spells change in northern Russia
It is summer in this reindeer-herding village in northern Russia and with not an iceberg in sight, residents are acquiring a taste for bathing in [...]
- From Schuss to Slush: Warming Trend Threatens Resorts in French Alps
Muddy slopes, slushy peaks, unused lifts — one town in the French Alps is living out the nightmare of many a ski resort in a [...]
- Governors address climate change
States should develop creative approaches to climate change, just as they have with challenges such as health care, despite their different economic interests, governors said [...]
- The Houseâ€™s Duty on Energy
The centerpiece of a generally constructive energy bill passed by the Senate last month was the first meaningful increase in fuel-efficiency standards for cars and [...]
- Melting glaciers raise sea level more than polar ice sheets
Contrary to common belief, melting glaciers due to global warming contribute more to the rising sea level than the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets, researchers [...]
- Eat a steak, warm the planet
A kilogram (2.2 pounds) of beef causes more greenhouse-gas and other pollution than driving for three hours while leaving all the lights on back home, [...]