- Ban Ki-moon urges countries on global warming
The science is clear and the time short, but the political will is lacking to confront global warming, the U.N. secretary-general said Tuesday.
Ban Ki-moon said [...]
- Climate Change Brings Risk of More Extinctions
BLACKWATER NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE, Md. — What has gone missing here is almost as spectacular as the 8,000 acres of swampy wilderness that remain. And [...]
- Climate change tops future humanitarian challenges: Annan
Former UN chief Kofi Annan warned Monday that climate change was likely to be the most urgent humanitarian challenge in the future, highlighting some one [...]
- Tax proposed for gas-guzzling cars in UK
Britain’s Treasury chief plans to introduce a “purchase tax” of up to $4,000 on the most polluting vehicles, The Sunday Times reported.
Alistair Darling also plans [...]
- Northwest Passage ice shrinks to new low
Arctic ice coverage has receded this week to record lows, the European Space Agency said, raising the prospect of greater maritime traffic through a long-sought [...]
- Panel Faults Emphasis of U.S. Climate Program
An effort by the Bush administration to improve federal climate research has answered some questions but lacks a focus on impacts of changing conditions and [...]
- Africa: World Agriculture Faces Serious Decline from Global Warming
World agriculture faces a serious decline within this century due to global warming unless emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases are substantially reduced [...]
- Tuvalu: A Cry for Help
The Pacific island state of Tuvalu begged the rest of the world to do more to combat global warming before it sank beneath the ocean. [...]
- What Global Warming Looks Like
Edward Mazria wants people to know how rising sea levels made worse by global warming will affect residents along U.S. coastlines.
Goodbye, Hollywood, Fla. So long, [...]
- Eating less meat may slow climate change
Eating less meat could help slow global warming by reducing the number of livestock and thereby decreasing the amount of methane flatulence from the animals, [...]