- U.N. head links climate change, Darfur
Climate change is partly to blame for the conflict in Sudan’s Darfur region, where droughts have provoked fighting over water sources, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon [...]
- Family takes climate change personally
From the street, Alicia Campbell’s house looks no different from the others in her suburban cul-de-sac. But it has a secret: It’s green — very [...]
- Putting Energy Hogs in the Home on a Strict Low-Power Diet
I THOUGHT I was pretty good about energy conservation, but it turns out that I’ve been a bit of a hypocrite. I drive a reasonably [...]
- Climate change brings toxic moth to England
LONDON – A species of toxic moth which has been moving steadily north from the Mediterranean because of global warming has reached England, the Royal [...]
- Colleges make green commitment
Colleges and universities are hardly the worst offenders when it comes to producing the greenhouse gases that contribute to global warming. But with about 17 [...]
- The wrath of 2007: America’s great drought
America is facing its worst summer drought since the Dust Bowl years of the Great Depression. Or perhaps worse still.
From the mountains and desert of [...]
- Denver targets global warming
Denver is gearing up to fight global warming, and residents may soon be asked to make personal sacrifices to help save the planet.
The new plan [...]
- Southeast Asia battles dengue surge, climate fears
Southeast Asian nations are battling a surge in dengue cases, amid signs that climate change could make 2007 the worst year on record for a [...]
- Bush unveils climate strategy ahead of G8
President George W. Bush unveiled a long-term strategy on climate change on Thursday, with plans to gather the countries that emit the most greenhouse gases [...]
- Murdoch sets emissions goal
The world’s top media company, News Corporation, will slash its global carbon footprint to zero under a bold plan revealed by its chairman, Rupert Murdoch.