- Has Obama Already Given Up on Climate Change?
The budget released this week by the White House is by far Obama’s most ambitious statement of his legislative priorities since 2009, when, as [...]
- Climate Change Seen Leaving Arctic Ice-Free by 2050
The Earth’s northern polar region will be almost ice-free in the warmest months by 2050, sooner than previously estimated, according to a study by two [...]
- New teaching standards delve more deeply into climate change
The politically touchy topic of climate change will be taught more deeply to students under proposed new national science standards released Tuesday.
The Next Generation Science [...]
- Turbulence ahead as climate changes
Get ready for more choppy, nerve-fraying transatlantic flights.
New research shows that climate change will cause more turbulence for transatlantic fliers by the middle of this [...]
- Margaret Thatcher’s Climate Change Of Heart
In 1990, Margaret Thatcher emerged as one of the first world leaders to champion climate science, issuing a call to action to fight manmade global [...]
- Is the Keystone XL pipeline fight the Stonewall of climate change?
A few weeks ago, Time magazine called the fight over the Keystone XL pipeline that will bring some of the dirtiest energy on the planet [...]
- Why Keystone Matters
I’ve had many friends, even like-minded, eco-friendly friends, ask me, “Why is Keystone a big deal? Isn’t it just another pipeline?”
Keystone is a big deal, [...]
- How climate change threatens the seas
The tide rolls out on a chilly March evening, and the oystermen roll in, steel rakes in hand, hip boots crunching on the gravel beneath [...]
- Real market forces now drive action on climate change
Fifteen years after the Kyoto protocol was signed and just months after being extended, a true global carbon trading marketplace may finally be within the [...]
- Could global warming change tornado season, too?
With the planet heating up, many scientists seem fairly certain some weather elements like hurricanes and droughts will worsen. But tornadoes have them stumped.
These unpredictable, [...]