- Climate Change Might Just Be Driving the Historic Cold Snap
It’s polar bear weather today for much of the Midwest. Temperatures are in the -20sº F (-28º C) and -30sº F (-35º C) in eastern [...]
- Cold weather snap fuels misinformation over climate change
Meteorologists predict record-low temperatures for large swaths of the United States on Sunday and Monday.
The cold snap, which comes after snow blanketed much of the [...]
- Climate-change response demands urgency
Just how much will the Earth heat up over the next 100 or 200 years? Climate scientists are not able to predict with high certainty. [...]
- Climate change by the numbers: The worst is yet to come
“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations,” President Obama [...]
- Will Climate Change Swamp the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island?
On October 29, 2012, superstorm Sandy barreled toward New York City. Liberty and Ellis Islands, two relatively tiny pieces of land huddled together in the [...]
- How is global warming affecting precipitation?
The United States and Japan are getting set to launch a 4.3-ton satellite designed to monitor rain and snowfall in unprecedented detail.
The agencies announced on [...]
- Climate change endangers reindeer games
Reindeer may or may not be able to fly – that’s a matter of belief – but they definitely need room to roam and lichen [...]
- Turning up the volume on climate change isn’t changing behaviour
On discovering that their mother tongue is not shared by everyone, tourists have been known to redouble their efforts to communicate by raising their voices. [...]
- Why aquariums are obsessed with climate change
The Monterey Bay Aquarium, on California’s central coast, is just about the most soothing environment imaginable. Strolling through dimly lit caverns of muted colors while [...]
- Three Ways U.S.-China Conflict Is Helping on Climate Change
The state-run air quality monitoring station in Beijing isn’t new. It has been operating since 1974. But last year for the first time, it began [...]