- What leaked IPCC report really says on climate change
A draft of a major report on climate change, due to be published next year, has been leaked online.
Climate sceptics immediately claimed it contains an [...]
- More in U.S. believe in global warming
A growing majority of Americans think that global warming is occurring, that it will become a serious problem and that the U.S. government should do [...]
- The End of Pasta
A world without pasta seems inconceivable. Mac-and-cheese-loving children across the United States would howl in protest. Italy might suffer a cultural heart attack. Social unrest [...]
- Global Climate Talks Spark Frustration
Even as warnings of the potentially catastrophic effects of global warming mounted, negotiators at global climate talks in Qatar made only modest steps toward [...]
- The big un-chill: Climate change damages winter tourism
Add to the economic costs of climate change the $12 billion winter tourism industry. A new report from the nonprofit groups Protect Our Winters and [...]
- Senate Dems push climate change amendment
Senate Democrats are attempting to force a vote on climate change through an amendment to the defense authorization bill.
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s (D-R.I.) amendment calls for [...]
- Doha Conference: Kyoto Protocol And Other Issues Remain Unresolved
Almost 200 nations are meeting in Doha until Dec. 7 to try to extend struggling U.N.-led efforts to slow global warming to avert ever more [...]
- UN climate scientist: Sandy no coincidence
Though it’s tricky to link a single weather event to climate change, Hurricane Sandy was “probably not a coincidence” but an example of the extreme [...]
- U.N. talks seen falling short despite climate change fears
Despite mounting alarm about climate change, almost 200 nations meeting in Doha from Monday are likely to pay little more than lip service to the [...]
- U.N. Global Warming Summit: Heading Over the Climate Cliff
Paul Krugman got me thinking about climate change this morning.
Not that the bearded oracle was writing about global warming. Krugman’s newest New York Times column [...]