- Leadership & the Environment: Green Issues
Is the push to save the planet a fad, or a turning point? Here’s hoping it’s the real deal.
No sooner did James McCarthy’s name turn [...]
- Global warming rallies held across the U.S.
NEW YORK – Americans worried about climate change gathered Saturday on ski slopes and in cities for a nationwide day of demonstrations aimed at drawing [...]
- Singer Sheryl Crow starts global warming tour
DALLAS – Singer Sheryl Crow began a bus tour of U.S. colleges to raise awareness about global warming on Monday, one of several high-profile celebrities [...]
- Millions Face Hunger From Climate Change
BANGKOK, Thailand – Warming temperatures could result in food shortages for 130 million people by 2050 and threaten to cause drought and higher seas in [...]
- Generation Green: Waging a Stylish Battle
For today’s young people, fixing the environment is job one. And they have their own ideas about how to do it.
Just before the first amplified [...]
- Global warming seen threat to coffee production
LONDON — Global warming poses a threat to future world coffee crops with rising temperatures and drought likely to force some producers to seek higher [...]
- ConocoPhillips Joins Climate Group
ConocoPhillips has joined several other major corporations urging Congress to require limits on greenhouse gases tied to global warming, the first major U.S. oil company [...]
- Market forces essential to halting global warming: Gore
Global markets could become a leading tool for halting global warming, former US vice president Al Gore said on Sunday, a day before he was [...]
- US `not ready’ to commit at Bali
The United States will come up with its own plan to cut global-warming gases by mid-2008, and won’t commit to mandatory caps at the U.N. [...]
- UN: US states, cities can impact climate
Despite Bush administration reluctance, U.S. states and cities could make an American “national commitment” to a new global agreement to cut greenhouse gases, the chief [...]