- Climate change puts parks at risk
Natural preserves may lose distinctive features.
GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, Mont. – Global warming is erasing the glaciers from Glacier National Park and the Joshua trees from [...]
- NASA shelves climate satellites, Environmental science may suffer
NASA is canceling or delaying a number of satellites designed to give scientists critical information on the earth’s changing climate and environment.
The space agency has [...]
- Hunters and Fishermen Want Action on Global Warming
In what might signal a turning point in environmental sentiment in America, a new poll of hunters and fishermen finds the majority think the country [...]
- BofA to Offer Hybrid Car Rebates
Bank of America Corp. plans to roll out a pilot hybrid vehicle purchase plan for employees today that could eventually make it the nation’s largest [...]
- Earth May Hinge on Alert, Furry Creatures Called Everyday People
BRENDAN HANRAHAN has something of the furry, purposeful, knowing quality of a woodland creature. So it’s no surprise that he seems to know all about [...]
- Climate Change: The View From the Patio
SCIENTISTS had some sobering news last week about the potential impact of climate change, and it didn’t come from the foot of a shrinking glacier [...]
- Strip Politics From Global Warming Issue
One of the tactics most often used by the oil industry and others who oppose controlling global warming pollution is to try to reduce the [...]
- Weather Turns Fishy, to Dismay of Anglers
For 50 years, Charles R. Meck, an author of fly-fishing books, has kept a diary of hatches on his favorite streams and the plants that [...]
- Scientists OK Gore’s Movie for Accuracy
The nation’s top climate scientists are giving “An Inconvenient Truth,” Al Gore’s documentary on global warming, five stars for accuracy.
The former vice president’s movie — [...]
- Justices to hear global warming case
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed today to take a case that could determine whether the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency starts regulating greenhouse gases to [...]