- Americans believe US must lead fight against climate change
About three-quarters of Americans believe the United States must lead the way in controlling greenhouse gases and pollution to fight global warming, a poll showed [...]
- U.N.’s Ban says global warming is ‘an emergency’
With prehistoric Antarctic ice sheets melting beneath his feet, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon called for urgent political action to tackle global warming.
The Antarctic Peninsula [...]
- Experts to prepare global warming report
If there’s one document on global warming policymakers might put in their briefcase, this would be it. On Monday, scientists and government officials gather in [...]
- Enterprise Offers Voluntary Carbon Offset Program To Customers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car, owned by the Taylor family of St. Louis, have announced a voluntary customer carbon offset [...]
- Kettle Foods Powers Potato Chip Facility With Wind Turbines
Potato chip and snack food-maker Kettle Foods has installed 18 wind turbines on the roof of its new Beloit, Wisconsin manufacturing facility, MediaPost reports.
The “architectural [...]
- How Do You Ski if There Is No Snow?
Global warming’s foes rarely cite ski resorts and golf courses among its victims.
But, though they may be less adorable than penguins and less gripping than [...]
- Obama vows to lead global warming fight
Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama vowed Monday to tell Americans tough truths about global warming, and backed a “cap and trade” system to cut greenhouse [...]
- E.P.A. Is Petitioned to Limit Ship Emissions
The California attorney general and a coalition of environmental groups have called for federal regulation to curb heat-trapping emissions from the worldwide fleet of about [...]
- World moves into the ecological red
The world moved into “ecological overdraft” on Saturday, the point at which human consumption exceeds the ability of the earth to sustain it in any [...]
- Receding ice displaces Alaska walrus
Thousands of walrus have appeared on Alaska’s northwest coast in what conservationists are calling a dramatic consequence of global warming melting the Arctic sea ice.