- Receding ice displaces Alaska walrus
Thousands of walrus have appeared on Alaska’s northwest coast in what conservationists are calling a dramatic consequence of global warming melting the Arctic sea ice.
- Stanford to Give Away 7,000 CFLs to Students andÂ Staff
This semester Stanford students will be part of the largest energy conservation program of its kind at an American university. Student Housing, the Office of [...]
- U.K. judge rules in favor of ‘Truth’
London — Former U.S. vice president Al Gore’s climate change doc “An Inconvenient Truth” can be screened in U.K. schools after all, a high court [...]
- Majority Of Americans Want Local Action On Global Warming, Says Poll
Nearly three-quarters of Americans are willing to pay more in taxes and other expenses to support local government-led initiatives designed to reduce global warming, according [...]
- World climate deal faces hurdles for ‘09 deadline
A growing sense of urgency is pushing world leaders to agree a new treaty to fight climate change but the U.S. presidential election might still [...]
- PG&E giving away 1 mln energy-saving lightbulbs
LOS ANGELES – Pacific Gas and Electric Co. on Wednesday said it will give away 1 million energy-saving lightbulbs this month in what it is [...]
- U.S. promotes light bulb swap
The Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday kicked off a campaign to get U.S. consumers to switch to energy-efficient light bulbs as a way of reducing [...]
- China to switch to energy-efficient lightbulbs
China, which makes 70 percent of the world’s lightbulbs, has agreed to phase out incandescent bulbs in favor of more energy-efficient ones, part of a [...]
- Et Tu, Toyota?
What is it about Michigan that seems to encourage assisted suicide?
That is all I can think watching Michigan congressmen and senators, led by Representative John [...]
- Global Warming Rallies Across US on 11/03
>Step It Up will organize a national event on November 3, 2007 to call for leadership on global warming. The event will build on Step [...]