- Global warming is epic, long-term study says
Global warming has propelled Earth’s climate from one of its coldest decades since the last ice age to one of its hottest — in just [...]
- Amplified Greenhouse Effect Shifts North’s Growing Seasons
Vegetation growth at Earth’s northern latitudes increasingly resembles lusher latitudes to the south, according to a NASA-funded study based on a 30-year record of land [...]
- Climate Change is Biggest Threat, Says Top Navy Commander
As I wrote in Full Green Ahead in the current issue of Mother Jones, the US Navy is paying close attention—and giving far more than [...]
- Recent heat spike unlike anything in 11,000 years
A new study looking at 11,000 years of climate temperatures shows the world in the middle of a dramatic U-turn, lurching from near-record cooling to [...]
- US scientists report big jump in heat-trapping CO2
New federal figures show the amount of heat-trapping carbon dioxide in the air jumped dramatically in 2012, making it very unlikely that global warming can [...]
- Australian Government Blames Climate Change for ‘Angry Summer’
Climate change was a major driving force behind a string of extreme weather events that alternately scorched and soaked large sections of Australia in [...]
- The Year Without Summer and Climate Change Today
The terms “global warming” and “climate change” never once appear in this book, but in relating the history of a literally earth-shaking event that occurred [...]
- Make climate change a priority
Jim Yong Kim is president of the World Bank.
The weather in Washington has been like a roller coaster this January. Yes, there has been a [...]
- NASA: Climate change thins forests in eastern U.S.
Years of drought and high temperatures are thinning forests in the upper Great Lakes and the eastern United States, NASA satellites show.
Nearly 40% of [...]
- In first major speech, Kerry calls for climate change action
In yet another potentially ominous sign for TransCanada’s Keystone XL pipeline, John Kerry used his first major address as secretary of state on Wednesday to [...]