- Climate ‘will undo Asian success’
A report by a coalition of environment and aid agencies calls for urgent action to avert the threat.
The Working Group on Climate Change and Development [...]
- Climate change driving ‘fourth tech revolution’: Brown
Climate change is driving the need for a “fourth technological revolution” to cut pollution and save the planet, Prime Minister Gordon Brown said Monday.
In his [...]
- Key findings of UN scientific report
The following are some key findings in a report issued Saturday by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:
• Global warming is “unequivocal.” Temperatures [...]
- Kohlâ€™s To Pursue LEED Certification On 80+ Stores
On the heels of its announced solar rollout, Kohl’s Department Stores says it will pursue LEED certification for every store to break ground in 2008 [...]
- US States Sign Global Warming Pact
Washington is running out of excuses to act on climate change. That’s the message from the Midwest, where governors from nine states in the region, [...]
- Ski areas catch wind of global warming
During a recent campaign speech in Portsmouth, N.H., presidential candidate Barack Obama warned his audience that “global warming is not a someday problem, it is [...]
- Court rejects fuel standards for some trucks
A federal appeals court here rejected the Bush administration’s year-old fuel-economy standards for light trucks and sport utility vehicles on Thursday, saying that they were [...]
- Gore, Schwarzenegger push climate forum
Former Vice President Al Gore and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger will take part in a bipartisan presidential forum on energy and climate change next month [...]
- Greenhouse gases rising faster than UN forecasts: report
Greenhouse gas emissions are rising faster than worst-case predictions by the United Nations’ top climate change body, said a new Australian report issued Thursday.
The report [...]
- In Eco-Friendly Factory, Low-Guilt Potato Chips
CASA GRANDE, Ariz. — At Frito-Lay’s factory here, more than 500,000 pounds of potatoes arrive every day from New Mexico to be washed, sliced, fried, [...]