- Shishmaref, Alaska: Dramatic Erosion Forces Tough Choice for a Village
The 600 residents of Shishmaref, Alaska living on the western coast didn’t expect to face the question: should we stay or should we go? [...]
- Pact Signed for Prototype of Coal Plant
MONTREAL, Dec. 6 – Under pressure from other industrialized countries at talks here on global warming, the Bush administration announced on Tuesday that it had [...]
- Yosemite Fauna on the Up and Up
Scientists studying the park’s wildlife wonder if global warming is the primary factor spurring a migration of species to higher elevations.
Scientists studying Yosemite National Park’s [...]
- Kyoto Treaty Powers Up U.S. Alternative Energy Firms
The United States has not joined the Kyoto Protocol to cut greenhouse gases, but the pact nevertheless is boosting sales for American companies that market [...]
- 2005 is warmest year on record for Northern Hemisphere, scientists say
The Earth’s average temperature reached a near-record high in 2005, international and U.S. climate agencies reported Thursday.
While some scientists said it indicates that human-caused global [...]
- Is Global Warming Killing the Polar Bears?
It may be the latest evidence of global warming: Polar bears are drowning. Scientists for the first time have documented multiple deaths of polar bears [...]
- Record Drought Cripples Life Along the Amazon
MANAQUIRI, Brazil – The Amazon River basin, the world’s largest rain forest, is grappling with a devastating drought that in some areas is the worst [...]
- Take Action!
>Replace 2 frequently used light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
The new bulbs will last longer and use less energy which means less pollution from power [...]
- In Arctic, Evidence for Global Warming Mounts
HARSTAD – Life is harsh on the freezing tundra of the Arctic Circle where Anna Prakhova lives. But it can be much harder when snows [...]
- Montana Meltdown:The Death of a National Park?
Glaciers move slowly, but Global Warming is ambling right along: all the glaciers in Glacier National Park could be gone as early as 2030! When [...]