- Architects Go Green at the Office
A Ferrari salesman wouldn’t drive a 1985 Yugo to work. And you wouldn’t expect the cable guy to install rabbit ears in his own home.
- Global Warming Causing African Floods, Experts Say
Twenty-two African countries are experiencing their worst wet seasons in decades, and climate experts say that global warming is to blame.
Devastating rains and flash floods [...]
- Arctic Melt Unnerves the Experts
The Arctic ice cap shrank so much this summer that waves briefly lapped along two long-imagined Arctic shipping routes, the Northwest Passage over Canada and [...]
- Focus on coal to fix global warming: CEO
NRG Energy Inc Chief Executive David Crane said on Tuesday cutting emissions from coal-fired power plants needs to be at the center of addressing global [...]
- Red Sox Turn Green
In architectural terms, the 2007 World Series pits the Red Sox’s venerable 1912 Fenway Park against the Colorado Rockies’ 1995-vintage Coors Field in Denver—old bricks [...]
- Global warming may hit kids harder, pediatrics group says
Global warming is likely to disproportionately harm the health of children, and politicians should launch “aggressive policies” to curb climate change, the American Academy of [...]
- NY City Council To Reduce Amount Of Plastic Bags In City Landfills
The New York City Council is moving to reduce the amount of plastic that ends up in landfills.
City Council Speaker Christine Quinn plans to introduce [...]
- Coal use grows despite warming worries
Almost nonstop, gargantuan 145-ton trucks rumble through China’s biggest open-pit coal mine, sending up clouds of soot as they dump their loads into mechanized sorters.
- Much of U.S. Could See a Water Shortage
An epic drought in Georgia threatens the water supply for millions. Florida doesn’t have nearly enough water for its expected population boom. The Great Lakes [...]
- NBC Universal Expands Green Initiative Across Divisions
As part of its “Green Is Universal” eco-friendly initiative kicking off next month, NBC Universal has unveiled plans to debut more than 150 hours of [...]