- Study: Rise in humidity caused by humans
With global warming, the world isn’t just getting hotter — it’s getting stickier, due to humidity. And people are to blame, according to a study [...]
- Gas emissions said at unsafe threshold
Worldwide economic growth has accelerated the level of greenhouse gas emissions to a dangerous threshold scientists had not expected for another decade, according to a [...]
- Toyota’s Green Bubble Bursting?
Toyota has gotten a lot of mileage out of portraying itself as the greenest, most fuel-efficient car company on the planet, and has reaped the [...]
- Governor Freudenthal calls for action on global warming
Governor Dave Freudenthal says that the United States has to get serious about global warming and launch a massive research and development effort to address [...]
- Bush struggles to stay relevant in climate debate
President George W. Bush, hosting major polluting nations last week, sought to convince skeptics that he wants to help shape the next global deal on [...]
- Bush seeks new image on global warming
President Bush’s call on Friday for a new fund to reduce global warming fell flat with Europeans and environmentalists who say U.N.-mandated cuts in greenhouse [...]
- L.A. County calling for lights-out hour
Following San Francisco’s lead, Los Angeles County and city officials are urging people, businesses and government to switch off nonessential lights for one hour next [...]
- Human Behavior, Global Warming, and the Ubiquitous Plastic Bag
When she moved to the United States from Germany seven years ago, Angela Neigl brought with her the energy-conscious sensibilities of life in Europe. You [...]
- Brokaw brings home global warming fight
Newsman says ‘world will be a drastically different place’ in documentary.
NEW YORK – Tom Brokaw is giving Al Gore some company in the effort to [...]
- Climate change puts parks at risk
Natural preserves may lose distinctive features.
GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, Mont. – Global warming is erasing the glaciers from Glacier National Park and the Joshua trees from [...]