- Weather Turns Fishy, to Dismay of Anglers
For 50 years, Charles R. Meck, an author of fly-fishing books, has kept a diary of hatches on his favorite streams and the plants that [...]
- Scientists OK Gore’s Movie for Accuracy
The nation’s top climate scientists are giving “An Inconvenient Truth,” Al Gore’s documentary on global warming, five stars for accuracy.
The former vice president’s movie — [...]
- Justices to hear global warming case
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed today to take a case that could determine whether the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency starts regulating greenhouse gases to [...]
- Greenland’s Ice Sheet Is Slip-Sliding Away
JAKOBSHAVN GLACIER, Greenland — Gripping a bottle of Jack Daniel’s between his knees, Jay Zwally savored the warmth inside the tiny plane as it flew [...]
- Study: Earth ‘likely’ hottest in 2,000 years
Panel: ‘Warmth is unprecedented for at least the last 400 years’
– The Earth is the hottest it has been in at least 400, maybe more.
- Next Victim of Warming: The Beaches
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. — When scientists consider the possible effects of global warming, there is a lot they don’t know. But they can say [...]
- Wine Regions Feel the Heat
In another 50 or so years, the world may be a much different place for wine aficionados, courtesy of global warming.
Famed wine-producing areas such as [...]
- Oilman Calls for More Fuel Efficiency
Cosponsor H.R. 3762, the Boehlert-Markey CAFE bill
Want more evidence that it’s about time that Congress raises fuel economy standards? Well, this weekend, even [...]
- Study: Polar bears may turn to cannibalism
ANCHORAGE — Polar bears in the southern Beaufort Sea may be turning to cannibalism because longer seasons without ice keep them from getting to their [...]
- Global warming Will Have Dire Effects
Thanks in part to Al Gore’s new movie, more and more people know that heat-trapping pollution is warming the planet. Last year tied 1998 as [...]