- Global warming gases at highest levels ever: UN
GENEVA (Reuters) – Greenhouse gases blamed for global warming and climate change have reached their highest ever levels in the atmosphere, the World Meteorological Organization [...]
- Climate Change ‘Irreversible’ as Arctic Sea Ice Fails to Re-form
Sea ice in the Arctic has failed to re-form for the second consecutive winter, raising fears that global warming may have tipped the polar regions [...]
- Comment Chilling
I n March, 2002, NASA and the Deutsches Zentrum für Luftund Raumfahrt, the German aerospace agency, launched a pair of satellites from the [...]
- In Phoenix, Even Cactuses Wilt in Clutches of Record Drought
PHOENIX, March 9 — Thursday began like the 141 days before it, sunny and crisp, dust settling everywhere except on the record — set again [...]
- Bering Sea Climate Is Shifting
Scientists say sea life is fighting to survive as the water warms up and ice melts sooner. The changes are profound and may be irreversible.
- Hundreds of seal pups drown in Canada storm surge
OTTAWA (Reuters) – Around 1,500 seal pups were swept out to sea and
drowned by a tidal surge off Canada’s east coast this week after a [...]
- Owning up to global warming
It’s time for Americans to face reality about climate change.
Monterrey, Calif. (FORTUNE) – How can anyone living through today’s bizarre and mutable weather not be [...]
- The Globe Is Warming. Why Aren’t We Marching?
To the Editor:
Re “Glaciers Flow to Sea at a Faster Pace, Study Says” (news article, Feb.
17): The world we have known is history. A mere [...]
- Combating global warming makes economic sense
When it comes to tackling global warming, the Bush administration is right about one thing: There are economic consequences. The problem is they’ve been too [...]
- Global Warming Comes to the Breakfast Table
After the warmest January on record, maple syrup producers in Ohio were surprised to have recently discovered premature maple tree buds. Budding of maples at [...]