- Earth May Hinge on Alert, Furry Creatures Called Everyday People
BRENDAN HANRAHAN has something of the furry, purposeful, knowing quality of a woodland creature. So it’s no surprise that he seems to know all about [...]
- Climate Change: The View From the Patio
SCIENTISTS had some sobering news last week about the potential impact of climate change, and it didn’t come from the foot of a shrinking glacier [...]
- Strip Politics From Global Warming Issue
One of the tactics most often used by the oil industry and others who oppose controlling global warming pollution is to try to reduce the [...]
- Weather Turns Fishy, to Dismay of Anglers
For 50 years, Charles R. Meck, an author of fly-fishing books, has kept a diary of hatches on his favorite streams and the plants that [...]
- Scientists OK Gore’s Movie for Accuracy
The nation’s top climate scientists are giving “An Inconvenient Truth,” Al Gore’s documentary on global warming, five stars for accuracy.
The former vice president’s movie — [...]
- Justices to hear global warming case
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court agreed today to take a case that could determine whether the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency starts regulating greenhouse gases to [...]
- Greenland’s Ice Sheet Is Slip-Sliding Away
JAKOBSHAVN GLACIER, Greenland — Gripping a bottle of Jack Daniel’s between his knees, Jay Zwally savored the warmth inside the tiny plane as it flew [...]
- Study: Earth ‘likely’ hottest in 2,000 years
Panel: ‘Warmth is unprecedented for at least the last 400 years’
– The Earth is the hottest it has been in at least 400, maybe more.
- Next Victim of Warming: The Beaches
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. — When scientists consider the possible effects of global warming, there is a lot they don’t know. But they can say [...]
- Wine Regions Feel the Heat
In another 50 or so years, the world may be a much different place for wine aficionados, courtesy of global warming.
Famed wine-producing areas such as [...]