- Study: Earth ‘likely’ hottest in 2,000 years
Panel: ‘Warmth is unprecedented for at least the last 400 years’
– The Earth is the hottest it has been in at least 400, maybe more.
- Next Victim of Warming: The Beaches
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. — When scientists consider the possible effects of global warming, there is a lot they don’t know. But they can say [...]
- Wine Regions Feel the Heat
In another 50 or so years, the world may be a much different place for wine aficionados, courtesy of global warming.
Famed wine-producing areas such as [...]
- Oilman Calls for More Fuel Efficiency
Cosponsor H.R. 3762, the Boehlert-Markey CAFE bill
Want more evidence that it’s about time that Congress raises fuel economy standards? Well, this weekend, even [...]
- Study: Polar bears may turn to cannibalism
ANCHORAGE — Polar bears in the southern Beaufort Sea may be turning to cannibalism because longer seasons without ice keep them from getting to their [...]
- Global warming Will Have Dire Effects
Thanks in part to Al Gore’s new movie, more and more people know that heat-trapping pollution is warming the planet. Last year tied 1998 as [...]
- Corporate America Warms to Fight Against Global Warming
WASHINGTON — Corporate leaders don’t normally invite the federal government to raise their taxes. But that’s exactly what Paul Anderson is doing.
Anderson, the chairman of [...]
- New funding for green projects
$6 million announced at Harvard’s first campus sustainability conference.
For the second time in less than two years, Harvard President Lawrence H. Summers doubled the dollars [...]
- Time to Get Real
Time to get real: global warming is the problem – the biggest problem. It’s not a matter of “When?” any longer. It’s here. Green is [...]
- Global warming weakening Pacific Ocean Wind Pattern, Study Says
NEW YORK (AP) — Global warming caused by human activity has begun to dampen an important wind circulation pattern over the Pacific Ocean, and that [...]