- Climate change and the taste of a sip of tea
Everyone knows that climate change threatens coastlines and wildlife. But its effects won’t be limited to destroying property and altering the natural world; it will [...]
- How the U.S. Exports Global Warming
he greening of American energy is both real and profound. Since President Obama took office, the nation’s solar capacity has increased more than tenfold. Wind [...]
- Is Europe Retreating From Its Climate Change Leadership?
The European Union’s proposals for a new energy and climate strategy to 2030 have split opinion.
The main components of the package are:
- The bottom line: global warming bad for business
Guilt, cajoling and hard science don’t appear to do the trick.
Perhaps an unbalanced balance sheet will.
At the annual four-day World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, [...]
- Stop the foot-dragging on climate change
The world has very little time — perhaps 15 years — to make serious inroads on climate change, according to a leaked report from a [...]
- Climate change ‘will double’ El Niño events
A critical weather pattern that fuels deadly weather around the world – the El Niño Southern Oscillation (ESNO) – was previously defined as occurring [...]
- Scientist to US Senate: ‘Climate change is a clear and present danger’
Last Thursday, the US Senate committee on environment & public works held a four-hour hearing to review President Obama’s Climate Action Plan. The hearing began [...]
- Senate Democrats Aim to Shift Politics of Climate Change
Senate Democrats launched a new effort Tuesday to reclaim the political initiative in the climate change debate and create a sense of urgency about mitigating [...]
- Public attitudes often at mercy of the weather, study finds
When much of North America was caught in the grip of unusually cold weather in early January, images of ice-encased lighthouses on Lake Michigan and [...]
- Climate Change Might Just Be Driving the Historic Cold Snap
It’s polar bear weather today for much of the Midwest. Temperatures are in the -20sº F (-28º C) and -30sº F (-35º C) in eastern [...]