- Climate impacts ‘overwhelming’ – UN
The impacts of global warming are likely to be “severe, pervasive and irreversible”, a major report by the UN has warned.
Scientists and officials meeting in [...]
- Panel’s Warning on Climate Risk: Worst Is Yet to Come
Climate change is already having sweeping effects on every continent and throughout the world’s oceans, scientists reported Monday, and they warned that the problem is [...]
- Climate change report: five key points
1. Food threat
Climate change is already taking a sizeable chunk out of global food supply and it is going to get worse. Increases in crop [...]
- Global warming to hit Asia hardest, warns new report
People in coastal regions of Asia, particularly those living in cities, could face some of the worst effects of global warming, climate experts will warn [...]
- Climate Change Will Disrupt Food Supplies, Slow Economies
Global warming will disrupt food supplies, slow world economic growth and may already be causing irreversible damage to nature, according to a U.N. report due [...]
- White House announces new climate change data website
As part of its campaign to step up efforts to address climate change, the White House on Wednesday announced the creation of a new website [...]
- World at risk of irreversible changes, scientists warn
The world is at growing risk of “abrupt, unpredictable and potentially irreversible changes” because of a warming climate, America’s premier scientific society warned on Tuesday.
- Key climate-change measurement imperiled
One of the planet’s top dipsticks is in trouble.
The “Keeling curve,” the most famous measurement of the world’s rising levels of carbon dioxide for the [...]
- Wyoming rejects science education standards over climate change
Over the past several years, a number of states have worked with organizations including the National Research Council, National Science Teachers Association, and the American [...]
- Crop Yields Seen Damaged by Climate Change Earlier Than Thought
Corn, wheat and rice yields will start to suffer from climate change in 2030, according to a study led by the U.K.’s University of Leeds [...]