- Adapting to Climate Change in New York
It is fair to say that none of us were fully prepared for the impact of Hurricane Sandy. Nevertheless, first responders in this region saved [...]
- NASA warns Arctic thaw could have huge impact on global warming
The Arctic’s permafrost soils have NASA worried. Scientists monitoring carbon levels in the top layers of Arctic soils have identified huge deposits that, if thawed [...]
- Climate change causing US wildfire season to last longer
America’s wildfire season lasts two months longer than it did 40 years ago and burns up twice as much land as it did in those [...]
- Environmentalists Unite in Quest to Fight Global Warming
The nation’s environmental leaders are mounting a double battle against global warming, and they see President Obama’s remaining time in the White House as critical [...]
- Climate change linked to more pollen, allergies, asthma
From the roof of the Gottlieb Memorial Hospital in the Chicago suburbs, an 83-year-old retired doctor finds troubling evidence of why so many people are [...]
- Is Obama finally getting serious about climate change?
Environmentalists have long accused President Obama of moving slower than a glacier when it comes to dealing with climate change. They say that despite repeated [...]
- Bill Would Shift NOAA Resources from Climate Research
A bill being drafted in the House could potentially undermine the climate science research activities and the oceans programs of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric [...]
- Centuries-old frozen plants revived
Plants that were frozen during the “Little Ice Age” centuries ago have been observed sprouting new growth, scientists say.
Samples of 400-year-old plants known as bryophytes [...]
- Bill McKibben’s Sophie Prize Win For Climate Change Activism
American environmentalist Bill McKibben has won the $100,000 Sophie Prize for being a mobilizing force in the fight against global warming.
The award committee commended McKibben [...]
- How Climate Change Could Affect Seasonal Allergies
Climate changes and rising carbon dioxide levels don’t just affect the environment. Experts say they also affect your nose. Warmer temperatures and higher carbon [...]