- US national security advisor says climate change is threat
Scientists and advocates have called for reductions in greenhouse gas emissions for years. But now the White House national security advisor is joining in the [...]
- A Republican senator on climate change: It’s real, we need to fight it
Lisa Murkowski is one Republican senator who wants to do something about climate change. Catching up with her after she gave the keynote at the [...]
- Earth Day: Viewing climate change through a moral prism
Rob Gillies and his team gather data on Nepal’s changing climate for a research project. They log temperatures, raindrops and snow. They pump the numbers [...]
- It’s Earth Day
Today is Earth Day! Over one billion people in 192 countries are participating from London to Sao Paolo, Seoul to Babylon City, New Delhi to [...]
- British children ‘deeply concerned’ about the impact of climate change
British children are deeply concerned about the impact of climate change on their own lives and those of children on poorer nations, according to a [...]
- Keystone XL Oil Pipeline Exacerbates Climate Change
The Keystone XL Pipeline would move enough tar sands oil to result in another 181 million metric tons of greenhouse gases entering the atmosphere yearly. [...]
- Has Obama Already Given Up on Climate Change?
The budget released this week by the White House is by far Obama’s most ambitious statement of his legislative priorities since 2009, when, as [...]
- Climate Change Seen Leaving Arctic Ice-Free by 2050
The Earth’s northern polar region will be almost ice-free in the warmest months by 2050, sooner than previously estimated, according to a study by two [...]
- New teaching standards delve more deeply into climate change
The politically touchy topic of climate change will be taught more deeply to students under proposed new national science standards released Tuesday.
The Next Generation Science [...]
- Turbulence ahead as climate changes
Get ready for more choppy, nerve-fraying transatlantic flights.
New research shows that climate change will cause more turbulence for transatlantic fliers by the middle of this [...]