- It’s Climate Change, Stupid
I watched the two Republican presidential candidate debates in South Carolina last week, and although the contenders spent quite a bit of time bickering over [...]
- Weaker sun will not delay global warming: study
A weaker sun over the next 90 years is not likely to significantly delay a rise in global temperature caused by greenhouse gases, a report [...]
- U.S. drafts climate change road map
The U.S. government has published its first draft of a national strategy that provides a road map for authorities responding to climate change.
U.S. Interior Department [...]
- Climate Change Causes Heated Battles For Science Teachers
Prior to taking Mr. Visco’s high school science class, Keith Hogan did not believe humans had had any hand in climate change.
“I thought the media [...]
- The New Science Classroom Battleground: Climate Change
The National Center for Science Education has been defending the teaching of evolution since before Edwards vs. Aguillard, the 1987 Supreme Court decision that declared [...]
- Climate Change Ripples Through Mountain Ecosystems
Like dominoes given one nudge, climate change in the form of reduced winter snowfall on mountaintops has subtle but powerful cascading effects felt throughout entire [...]
- Scientists Say Cut Soot, Methane to Curb Warming
An international team of scientists says it’s figured out how to slow global warming in the short run and prevent millions of deaths from dirty [...]
- 2012’s Not-Quite Hopeless U.S. Climate Policy
Some of my climate scientist colleagues at Columbia University’s Earth Institute are frustrated about the inability of the U.S. Congress to enact new legislation on [...]
- Carbon emissions ‘will defer Ice Age’
The last Ice Age ended about 11,500 years ago, and when the next one should begin has not been entirely clear.
Researchers used data on the [...]
- Santorum and Romney are both bad news for climate change fight
Rick Santorum, who surged at the last minute to give Mitt Romney a real run for his money in Tuesday’s Iowa caucuses, is less green [...]