- How Bold a Path on Climate Change in State of the Union?
If his inaugural address was any indication, President Obama has big plans for finally addressing global warming in his second term. “We will respond to [...]
- EPA moves forward with climate change protection plan
The Environmental Protection Agency is formally moving forward with its Climate Change Adaptation Plan.
Beginning Friday, the EPA is accepting comments on its draft plan, [...]
- Marco Rubio: Another Senator Who Doubts Global Warming
Picking out one United States legislator for antiscientific thinking is quite a chore since the field is so crowded. But Marco Rubio (R-Fla) deserves a [...]
- You Can Move Washington, D.C. Forward on Climate Change
On February 17, tens of thousands are coming together in Washington, D.C. to ask the president to stand up for climate. The Forward on Climate [...]
- Global warming linked to worse flu seasons
Climate change will add earlier and more severe flu seasons, U.S. researchers say.
Study leader Sherry Towers, a research professor at Arizona State University, studied waves [...]
- Soot is even worse for the climate than was previously thought
Soot—also known as black carbon—heats up the atmosphere because it absorbs sunlight. Black things do. That is basic physics. But for years the institutions that [...]
- Obama Talks Climate Change. California Is Acting On It
It’s not the happiest time to be an environmentalist. Climate change hit home last year with brutal force: 2012’s historic drought singed much of the [...]
- A Second Chance to Get It Right with Climate Change
“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. Some may [...]
- Kerry says global climate change is threat to U.S.
Sen. John Kerry pointed to climate change as among the top international threats facing the United States at his nomination hearing Thursday, cheering environmentalists and [...]
- How Climate Change Could Wipe Out the Western Forests
The fire that burned through Forest Canyon, a breathtaking stretch of wilderness ringed by snowy peaks in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, started in October [...]