- Obama wins praise abroad for climate change goals
President Barack Obama won praise abroad on Tuesday for his pledge to lead the fight against climate change, which has faltered as nations argue over [...]
- Climate change moves to forefront in Obama’s inaugural address
Barack Obama said more about climate change in his inauguration speech – and expressed it more forcefully – than he did at any point in [...]
- Emissions Limits Could Avoid Damage By Two-Thirds
The world could avoid much of the damaging effects of climate change this century if greenhouse gas emissions are curbed more sharply, research showed on [...]
- Report says warming is changing US daily life
Global warming is already changing America from sea to rising sea and is affecting how Americans live, a massive new federally commissioned report says.
- Along Big Muddy, the Warning Signs of Climate Change Are Clear
When officials confirmed this week that 2012 was the hottest year on record in the contiguous U.S., it came as no surprise to anyone who [...]
- US roasts to hottest year on record by landslide
America set an off-the-charts heat record in 2012.
A brutal combination of a widespread drought and a mostly absent winter pushed the average annual U.S. temperature [...]
- Climate Change Won’t Wait For The President To Act
Change usually happens very slowly, even once all the serious people have decided there’s a problem. That’s because, in a country as big as the [...]
- Global Temperature Goals Could Become Impossible
Delaying global action on climate change by 20 more years will put the goal of keeping the world relatively cool out of reach forever, no [...]
- How Climate Change May Increase Eruptions
The rapid rise in sea levels could cause a dramatic increase in volcanic eruptions, according to a new study.
The study, published in the journal Geology, [...]
- Time to Confront Climate Change
Four years ago, in sharp contrast to the torpor and denial of the George W. Bush years, President Obama described climate change as one [...]