- Global warming not slowing down: Study
Global warming is showing no signs of slowing down, and will increase further in the next few decades, a new study has warned.
The findings come [...]
- Carbon Emissions Double Over Past Two Decades
Carbon emissions have nearly doubled in the past 20 years, according to figures published by researchers at the University of East Anglia.
The study suggests the [...]
- U.N.: World temperatures maintain the heat of global warming
World temperatures keep rising, and are heading for a threshold that could lead to irreversible changes of the Earth, the United Nations weather office said [...]
- Financing Battle Emerges at Climate Change Talks
International climate negotiators were at odds Tuesday on how to raise billions of dollars to help poor countries cope with global warming. A major shipping [...]
- Annual Climate Change Talks Face Same Big Challenge
As this year’s round of global climate talks begin in Durban, South Africa, negotiators once again try to tackle an elusive goal: Trimming nations’ greenhouse [...]
- Science panel: Get ready for extreme weather
Top international climate scientists and disaster experts meeting in Africa had a sharp message Friday for the world’s political leaders: Get ready for more dangerous [...]
- Global Temps `Virtually Certain’ to Rise: UN
The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change whirrs into action this week with a significant assessment of extreme events and disasters. The final report is [...]
- IPCC to confirm link between climate change and extreme weather
Climate change is likely to cause more storms, floods, droughts, heatwaves and other extreme weather events, according to the most authoritative review yet of the [...]
- World headed for irreversible climate change in five years, IEA warns
The world is likely to build so many fossil-fuelled power stations, energy-guzzling factories and inefficient buildings in the next five years that it will become [...]
- Has global warming made Alaska more vulnerable?
A powerful fall storm – the strongest since a mid-November storm in 1974 – is pounding Alaska’s west coast with hurricane-force winds and a storm [...]