- Margaret Thatcher’s Climate Change Of Heart
In 1990, Margaret Thatcher emerged as one of the first world leaders to champion climate science, issuing a call to action to fight manmade global [...]
- Is the Keystone XL pipeline fight the Stonewall of climate change?
A few weeks ago, Time magazine called the fight over the Keystone XL pipeline that will bring some of the dirtiest energy on the planet [...]
- Why Keystone Matters
I’ve had many friends, even like-minded, eco-friendly friends, ask me, “Why is Keystone a big deal? Isn’t it just another pipeline?”
Keystone is a big deal, [...]
- How climate change threatens the seas
The tide rolls out on a chilly March evening, and the oystermen roll in, steel rakes in hand, hip boots crunching on the gravel beneath [...]
- Real market forces now drive action on climate change
Fifteen years after the Kyoto protocol was signed and just months after being extended, a true global carbon trading marketplace may finally be within the [...]
- Could global warming change tornado season, too?
With the planet heating up, many scientists seem fairly certain some weather elements like hurricanes and droughts will worsen. But tornadoes have them stumped.
These unpredictable, [...]
- How Arctic Ice May Have Influenced Superstorm Sandy
The sea ice covering the Arctic Ocean may not seem to be connected to a hurricane like Superstorm Sandy, but a group of scientists [...]
- Global warming is epic, long-term study says
Global warming has propelled Earth’s climate from one of its coldest decades since the last ice age to one of its hottest — in just [...]
- Amplified Greenhouse Effect Shifts North’s Growing Seasons
Vegetation growth at Earth’s northern latitudes increasingly resembles lusher latitudes to the south, according to a NASA-funded study based on a 30-year record of land [...]
- Climate Change is Biggest Threat, Says Top Navy Commander
As I wrote in Full Green Ahead in the current issue of Mother Jones, the US Navy is paying close attention—and giving far more than [...]