- U.N. Global Warming Summit: Heading Over the Climate Cliff
Paul Krugman got me thinking about climate change this morning.
Not that the bearded oracle was writing about global warming. Krugman’s newest New York Times column [...]
- Greenhouse Gases Hit Record High in 2011
The concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere hit a record high in 2011, the United Nations’ World Meteorological Organization (WMO) reported Tuesday (Nov. [...]
- Iowa scientists: Climate change caused the drought
Scientists are saying that due to climate change caused by greenhouse gases, Iowans should brace themselves for more bad weather like the 2012 drought.
More than [...]
- World’s Largest Investors Call For Climate Change Action
A coalition of the world’s largest investors called on governments on Tuesday to ramp up action on climate change and boost clean-energy investment or risk [...]
- Al Gore calls on Barack Obama to ‘act boldly’ on climate change
The former vice-president and climate champion, Al Gore, has called on Barack Obama to seize the moment and use his re-election victory to push through [...]
- Climate Change May Have Doomed Ancient Maya, Study Finds
The mystery of the ancient Maya downfall might be solved by a rock formation that suggests climate change could have led to the civilization’s demise.
- Climate change ‘likely to be more severe than some models predict’
Climate change is likely to be more severe than some models have implied, according to a new study which ratchets up the possible temperature rises [...]
- After Sandy, a Climate Change Conversation? Dream On
Crises come with a predictable dynamic in this country: 1) Gunman opens fire in crowded school/theater/shopping mall 2) anguished op-ed columnists say we should talk [...]
- It’s Global Warming, Stupid
Yes, yes, it’s unsophisticated to blame any given storm on climate change. Men and women in white lab coats tell us—and they’re right—that many factors [...]
- Hurricane Sandy: Costs to Come
THE economic approach to global warming is relatively straightforward. The emission of greenhouse gases generates a negative spillover—global warming—that harms others. Someone driving a car [...]