- Climate Changing at Fastest Pace Since the Age of Dinosaurs
Earth’s climate is changing more quickly today than at any time since the extinction of the dinosaurs some 65 million years ago, according to a [...]
- Climate change may increase violence, study shows
It’s a hot day; sweat soaks your forehead, and you just want to get back to your air-conditioned home, so of course you’re going to [...]
- Gina McCarthy Says Addressing Climate Change Will Help Economy
President Barack Obama’s top environmental official wasted no time Tuesday taking on opponents of the administration’s plan to crack down on global warming pollution.
In her [...]
- E.P.A. Gains a Tough Leader to Tackle Climate Change
When Lisa P. Jackson announced at the end of last year that she was stepping down as the administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, President [...]
- Why We Can’t Count on Evolution to Counterbalance Climate Change
Many adults remember middle-school lessons about England’s peppered moth – a popular, easily understood illustration of the principle of natural selection. Most of the moths [...]
- Is there a fix for global warming under our feet?
Scientists at Pacific Northwest National Laboratories are conducting an experiment near the Columbia River in southeastern Washington to see if greenhouse gases from power plants [...]
- Global warming and the future of storms
We know that changes we are making to the Earth’s climate will (and currently are) affecting weather. Some of the impacts are clear to see [...]
- King Coal gets a chill as the World Bank tackles global warming
It had to come, but it is still a significant moment. The World Bank – which over the last 20 years has financed more coal-fired [...]
- Climate Change Takes Center Stage
Climate change took center stage this week as the Senate confirmed climate and clean air champion Gina McCarthy to lead the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) [...]
- Why Don’t Farmers Believe in Climate Change?
If it isn’t torrential downpours, then it’s too dry. If there’s one thing U.S. farmers can count on, it’s bad weather, and perhaps as a [...]