- Al Gore and the battle for climate opinion
Al Gore isn’t going away. And neither is global warming.
With Gore’s latest high-profile global warming-awareness event, “24 Hours of Reality”, now over, political science still [...]
- More Americans believe world is warming
More Americans than last year believe the world is warming and the change is likely influenced by the Republican presidential debates, a Reuters/Ipsos poll said [...]
- Climate change threatens California beaches: study
Global warming could cost California beach communities hundreds of million dollars due to lost tourism and other income earned on the famously surfer-friendly coastline, a [...]
- EPA to Delay Climate-Change Rules
The Obama administration will delay issuing its politically explosive climate-change rules for the second time.
The Environmental Protection Agency had said it would issue the rules, [...]
- Al Gore’s climate ‘reality’ campaign kicks off
An Internet campaign spearheaded by former US vice president Al Gore to raise awareness about climate change began airing its day-long broadcast around the world [...]
- Al Gore in 24-hour broadcast to convert climate skeptics
Former Vice President Al Gore will renew his 30-year campaign to convince skeptics of the link between climate change and extreme weather events this week [...]
- U.S. has second-warmest summer on record
When it comes to U.S. weather, Mother Nature seems to be having control issues. Or, rather, lack-of-control issues.
For some folks, depending on where they live, [...]
- Climate Change and Extreme Weather
Watching Irene from our small cabin in the New Hampshire woods was a sobering experience. Even though it was downgraded to a tropical storm by [...]
- Politics Overtaking Science in Global Warming Debate
Polls in recent years show that fewer Americans believe global warming is a threat or that it is driven by human activities.
That’s despite consensus among [...]
- Assessing Climate Change in a Drought-Stricken State
Texas has endured its worst one-year drought in recorded history. And the hottest July. August is on course to be hotter still, setting another record. [...]