- Global warming linked to worse flu seasons
Climate change will add earlier and more severe flu seasons, U.S. researchers say.
Study leader Sherry Towers, a research professor at Arizona State University, studied waves [...]
- Soot is even worse for the climate than was previously thought
Soot—also known as black carbon—heats up the atmosphere because it absorbs sunlight. Black things do. That is basic physics. But for years the institutions that [...]
- Obama Talks Climate Change. California Is Acting On It
It’s not the happiest time to be an environmentalist. Climate change hit home last year with brutal force: 2012’s historic drought singed much of the [...]
- A Second Chance to Get It Right with Climate Change
“We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. Some may [...]
- Kerry says global climate change is threat to U.S.
Sen. John Kerry pointed to climate change as among the top international threats facing the United States at his nomination hearing Thursday, cheering environmentalists and [...]
- How Climate Change Could Wipe Out the Western Forests
The fire that burned through Forest Canyon, a breathtaking stretch of wilderness ringed by snowy peaks in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado, started in October [...]
- Obama wins praise abroad for climate change goals
President Barack Obama won praise abroad on Tuesday for his pledge to lead the fight against climate change, which has faltered as nations argue over [...]
- Climate change moves to forefront in Obama’s inaugural address
Barack Obama said more about climate change in his inauguration speech – and expressed it more forcefully – than he did at any point in [...]
- Emissions Limits Could Avoid Damage By Two-Thirds
The world could avoid much of the damaging effects of climate change this century if greenhouse gas emissions are curbed more sharply, research showed on [...]
- Report says warming is changing US daily life
Global warming is already changing America from sea to rising sea and is affecting how Americans live, a massive new federally commissioned report says.