- Global warming turns tundra to forest: study
Plants and shrubs have colonised parts of the Arctic tundra in recent decades growing into small trees, a scientific study found, adding the change may [...]
- Arctic passes 400 parts per million milestone
The world’s air has reached what scientists call a troubling new milestone for carbon dioxide, the main global warming pollutant.
Monitoring stations across the Arctic this [...]
- Study accuses corporations of hypocrisy on climate change
Some major U.S. corporations that support climate science in their public relations materials actively work to derail regulations and laws addressing global warming through lobbying, [...]
- Seagrass stores more carbon than forests – study
Coastal seagrass can store more heat-trapping carbon per square mile (kilmometre) than forests can, which means these coastal plants could be part of the solution [...]
- Heat-Related U.S. Deaths Projected to Rise
Heat-Related U.S. Deaths Projected to Rise 150,000 by Century’s End Due to Climate Change
NRDC’s “Killer Summer Heat” Report Estimates Heat Death in Top 40 Cities
- Climate deal milestones should be set this year: U.N.
Countries which agreed to sign a deal in 2015 to cut greenhouse gas emissions should set milestones this year to ensure the necessary work is [...]
- Most mammals won’t flee climate change fast enough
As the climate changes over the next century, the ranges of nearly 90 percent of mammal species will shrink — in many cases because animals [...]
- Game Over for the Climate
Global warming isn’t a prediction. It is happening. That is why I was so troubled to read a recent interview with President Obama in Rolling [...]
- Did gassy dinosaurs cause global warming?
Dinosaurs’ gassy guts may have contributed to global warming tens of millions of years ago, according to a new study that finds a group of [...]
- Teenagers Take Global Warming to the Courts
Industry giants say their case is misguided. But that isn’t stopping a group of high school students from using the legal system to make environmental [...]