- Senate Dems push climate change amendment
Senate Democrats are attempting to force a vote on climate change through an amendment to the defense authorization bill.
Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s (D-R.I.) amendment calls for [...]
- Doha Conference: Kyoto Protocol And Other Issues Remain Unresolved
Almost 200 nations are meeting in Doha until Dec. 7 to try to extend struggling U.N.-led efforts to slow global warming to avert ever more [...]
- UN climate scientist: Sandy no coincidence
Though it’s tricky to link a single weather event to climate change, Hurricane Sandy was “probably not a coincidence” but an example of the extreme [...]
- U.N. talks seen falling short despite climate change fears
Despite mounting alarm about climate change, almost 200 nations meeting in Doha from Monday are likely to pay little more than lip service to the [...]
- U.N. Global Warming Summit: Heading Over the Climate Cliff
Paul Krugman got me thinking about climate change this morning.
Not that the bearded oracle was writing about global warming. Krugman’s newest New York Times column [...]
- Greenhouse Gases Hit Record High in 2011
The concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere hit a record high in 2011, the United Nations’ World Meteorological Organization (WMO) reported Tuesday (Nov. [...]
- Iowa scientists: Climate change caused the drought
Scientists are saying that due to climate change caused by greenhouse gases, Iowans should brace themselves for more bad weather like the 2012 drought.
More than [...]
- World’s Largest Investors Call For Climate Change Action
A coalition of the world’s largest investors called on governments on Tuesday to ramp up action on climate change and boost clean-energy investment or risk [...]
- Al Gore calls on Barack Obama to ‘act boldly’ on climate change
The former vice-president and climate champion, Al Gore, has called on Barack Obama to seize the moment and use his re-election victory to push through [...]
- Climate Change May Have Doomed Ancient Maya, Study Finds
The mystery of the ancient Maya downfall might be solved by a rock formation that suggests climate change could have led to the civilization’s demise.