- With climate change, US presidents matter
Yesterday, President Barack Obama became the first president who has taken a stand to stop climate change.
Actually, that isn’t quite true. President Obama took that [...]
- Prominent climate change denier was funded by energy industry
A prominent academic and climate change denier’s work was funded almost entirely by the energy industry, receiving more than $1.2m from companies, lobby groups and [...]
- Fight climate change, make money
Though the public rarely notices, businesses succeed because of their planning. To see what is happening now, while positioning yourself to make the most of [...]
- Citigroup to invest $100bn in tackling climate change
Citigroup, the third largest US financial institution, on Wednesday said it will invest a whopping $100bn over the next decade to reduce the impacts of [...]
- Has America entered the age of ‘megadroughts’?
Before this century ends, the Southwest and Central Plains states are likely to shrivel under a decades-long megadrought worse than those that ended the Ancestral [...]
- Scientists urge global ‘wake-up call’ to deal with climate change
Climate change has advanced so rapidly that the time has come to look at options for a planetary-scale intervention, the National Academy of Science said [...]
- WH: Climate change directly impacts more Americans than terrorism
The White House stood by its decision on Tuesday to include climate change impacts in its national security strategy released last week.
When asked if [...]
- Climate Change Is of Growing Concern to U.S. Hispanics
Alfredo Padilla grew up in Texas as a migrant farmworker who followed the harvest with his parents to pick sugar beets in Minnesota each summer. [...]
- The Best Technology for Fighting Climate Change? Trees
When people talk about technologies that might offset climate change, they often evoke not-yet-invented marvels, like planes spraying chemicals into the atmosphere or enormous skyscrapers [...]
- No, climate models aren’t exaggerating global warming
Weather and climate agencies around the world have been almost unanimous in declaring 2014 the hottest year on record — something that has promoted considerable [...]