- White House Targets Methane to Slow Climate Change
It’s 20 times more powerful than carbon dioxide.
The White House announced Wednesday morning a new plan to cut methane emissions in the oil and gas [...]
- Climate Change-Denying Senator Cruz Will Oversee NASA
Senator Ted Cruz of Texas will chair the Senate subcommittee on Space, Science, and Competitiveness, providing him with an oversight role of the National Aeronautics [...]
- Estimated social cost of climate change underestimated
The economic damage caused by a ton of carbon dioxide emissions – often referred to as the “social cost” of carbon – could actually be [...]
- Australia records third-warmest year in 2014
Australia has recorded its third-warmest calendar year since national records began in 1910, the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) says.
Frequent heatwaves and a marked reduction in [...]
- Playing Dumb on Climate Change
Scientists have often been accused of exaggerating the threat of climate change, but it’s becoming increasingly clear that they ought to be more emphatic about [...]
- Pope Francis to issue climate change call to arms
Pope Francis has declared it his mission to take on climate change in 2015, through a series of speeches, summit appearances and a rare call-to-arms [...]
- Coral Clues Hint at Looming Global Warming Spike
Chemical clues in skeletons produced by coral growing at Kiribati contain a newly discovered warning. They caution of a global climate system that’s capable of [...]
- Arctic still heating up twice as fast as rest of planet
If global warming has paused, someone forgot to tell the Arctic.
Annual average temperatures have continued to rise for the region as a whole throughout the [...]
- 3.6 Degrees of Uncertainty
After two weeks of grinding meetings in Lima, Peru, the world’s climate negotiators emerged this weekend with a deal. They settled on preliminary language, to [...]
- A Global Accord to Fight Climate Change Is in Sight
Diplomats from 196 countries are closing in on the framework of a potentially historic deal that would for the first time commit every nation in [...]