- Extreme weather already on increase, study finds
Extreme heatwaves and heavy rain storms are already happening with increasing regularity worldwide because of manmade climate change, according to new research.
Global warming over the [...]
- Women will suffer the worst effects of climate change
Environmental researchers have made it clear that climate change will affect the world’s poorest more severely, and more imminently, than those of us in the [...]
- Obama team talks climate change during Earth Day week
President Obama and his team are marking Wednesday’s Earth Day with a week-long promotion of their climate change policies.
“This Earth Day, we’re far beyond a [...]
- Obama’s policy appears to survive early court challenge
President Obama’s ambitious plan to battle climate change by forcing power plants to reduce their greenhouse gases appeared to survive its first court challenge Thursday, [...]
- Vatican Announces Major Summit On Climate Change
Catholic officials announced on Tuesday plans for a landmark climate change-themed conference to be hosted at the Vatican later this month, the latest in Pope [...]
- Thousands March In Canada To Call For Action
Thousands of Canadians took to the streets of Quebec City, Quebec on Saturday to call on their country to curb tar sands growth take action [...]
- Wisconsin also stifles ‘climate change’ talk
Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) recently generated national headlines after officials at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection claimed they were ordered not to use [...]
- Rand Paul is no moderate on climate change
Journalists love a counterintuitive story, like when a Democrat criticizes unions or a Republican endorses gay marriage. Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), with his idiosyncratic libertarianism, [...]
- Did climate change cause California drought?
Last week, California Gov. Jerry Brown ordered mandatory statewide restrictions on water use for the first time in the state’s history. His action was driven [...]
- U.S. has bold plan to stall climate change
In baseball, there’s a traditional comeback after a tough season: “Wait ’til next year!” For climate change “next year” is now. This year is the [...]