- Ocean algae can evolve fast to tackle climate change: study
Tiny marine algae can evolve fast enough to cope with climate change in a sign that some ocean life may be more resilient than thought [...]
- UN says CO2 pollution levels at annual record high
Carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere reached a record high in 2013 as increasing levels of man-made pollution transform the planet, the U.N. weather agency [...]
- Climate Change Will Disrupt Half of North America’s Bird Species
The Baltimore oriole will probably no longer live in Maryland, the common loon might leave Minnesota, and the trumpeter swan could be entirely gone.
Those are [...]
- Hillary Clinton bashes climate change deniers
Hillary Clinton used strong words in her speech at the National Clean Energy Summit in Las Vegas on Thursday evening, but did little to illuminate [...]
- Cool summer doesn’t invalidate climate change
Labor Day has come and gone. Autumn looms. But how can summer be over when it never really began?
If you feel cheated — where were [...]
- Brian Cox: scientists giving false sense of debate on climate change
Scientists are doing the public a disservice in their attempts to communicate certainty in climate change science, often giving a “false sense of debate” by [...]
- Polar vortex visits to U.S. linked to climate change
Remember the polar vortex, the huge mass of Arctic air that can plunge much of the U.S. into the deep freeze? You might have to [...]
- The country’s sinking debate over global warming
The national debate on climate change has devolved.
By the late 1990s, big U.S. businesses were beginning to accept that greenhouse gases must be wrung out [...]
- Clive Palmer to host ‘world climate change convention’ at his resort
The Palmer United party leader, Clive Palmer, has announced plans to host an unofficial “world climate change convention” at his Sunshine Coast resort, but would [...]
- Climate change reflected in altered Missouri River flow
Montana farmer Rocky Norby has worked the land along the Missouri River for more than 20 years, coaxing sugar beets and malted barley out of [...]