- Holding Obama’s Feet to the Climate-Change Fire
At first glance, it was hard to tell whether they had come to bury Obama or to praise him.
Thousands of activists from hundreds of environmental, [...]
- Keystone XL protesters pressure Obama on climate change promise
Thousands of protesters descended on Washington DC on Sunday demanding Barack Obama shut down the Keystone XL pipeline project to show he is serious about [...]
- State Of The Union Promises Climate Change Executive Action
President Barack Obama Tuesday night pledged that if Congress refuses to take action to stem climate change, his administration would act unilaterally.
“I urge this Congress [...]
- How Bold a Path on Climate Change in State of the Union?
If his inaugural address was any indication, President Obama has big plans for finally addressing global warming in his second term. “We will respond to [...]
- EPA moves forward with climate change protection plan
The Environmental Protection Agency is formally moving forward with its Climate Change Adaptation Plan.
Beginning Friday, the EPA is accepting comments on its draft plan, [...]
- Marco Rubio: Another Senator Who Doubts Global Warming
Picking out one United States legislator for antiscientific thinking is quite a chore since the field is so crowded. But Marco Rubio (R-Fla) deserves a [...]
- You Can Move Washington, D.C. Forward on Climate Change
On February 17, tens of thousands are coming together in Washington, D.C. to ask the president to stand up for climate. The Forward on Climate [...]
- Global warming linked to worse flu seasons
Climate change will add earlier and more severe flu seasons, U.S. researchers say.
Study leader Sherry Towers, a research professor at Arizona State University, studied waves [...]
- Soot is even worse for the climate than was previously thought
Soot—also known as black carbon—heats up the atmosphere because it absorbs sunlight. Black things do. That is basic physics. But for years the institutions that [...]
- Obama Talks Climate Change. California Is Acting On It
It’s not the happiest time to be an environmentalist. Climate change hit home last year with brutal force: 2012’s historic drought singed much of the [...]