- Inhofe blocks climate change resolution
Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) blocked Senate Democrats on Monday from passing a resolution that would have acknowledged the reality of climate change.
Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.) [...]
- Relationship between global warming denial and speaking English
Here in the United States, we fret a lot about global warming denial. Not only is it a dangerous delusion, it’s an incredibly prevalent one. [...]
- Greenpeace: China’s Energy Plans Exacerbate Climate Change
Two operational coal-to-gas plants in China and 48 proposed ones would together emit an estimated 1.1 billion tons of carbon dioxide per year and contribute [...]
- Mary Robinson Named UN Envoy for Climate Change
Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has appointed former Irish president Mary Robinson as his special envoy for climate change.
She has a mandate to mobilize world leaders to [...]
- Climate change linked to kidney stones
Extreme heat or cold weather can lead to a higher risk for kidney stones, according to a study that, its authors wrote, suggests that climate [...]
- How California can best fight climate change
California’s landmark climate change law, AB 32, has created a promising cap-and-trade program for greenhouse gases that has put the state on track to meet [...]
- The Climate Optimists
aLs Vegas is parched. A 14-year drought has left Lake Mead, the local water source, dangerously low. It has dropped 100 feet in the past [...]
- Blueprints for Taming the Climate Crisis
Here’s what your future will look like if we are to have a shot at preventing devastating climate change.
Within about 15 years every new car [...]
- America Is No Longer Debating Climate Change
This week, the Heartland Institute is holding a conference on climate change in Las Vegas, which they’ve dubbed “the biggest gathering of global warming skeptics [...]
- Congress’s head-in-the-sand approach to climate change
ANY GOOD business executive knows that the world is full of risks, ignored at a company’s peril. Interest rates could spike. China could change its [...]