- Justices question Obama climate change regulations
The U.S. Supreme Court appeared closely divided on Monday as it weighed whether the administration of President Barack Obama exceeded its authority when crafting the [...]
- US hedge fund investor to put $100 mln into climate change fight
A California hedge fund investor has pledged $100 million in contributions to
pro-environmentalist congressional campaigns, bolstering the
battle against climate change.
Billionaire Tom Steyer on Wednesday night hosted [...]
- Obama Vows to Act on Climate Change, Justices Weigh His Approach
President Obama in recent days has been announcing muscular executive actions to address climate change, making good on his promise to act on pressing problems [...]
- Jet stream shift could prompt harsher winters: scientists
A warmer Arctic could permanently affect the pattern of the high-altitude polar jet stream, resulting in longer and colder winters over North America and northern [...]
- California vows to press ahead with climate change programs
California plans to extend its suite of ambitious and controversial carbon reduction programs beyond 2020, saying the results to date show the state can grow [...]
- White and green roofs fight global warming, study finds
Painting roofs white or covering them with plants could help fight global warming, but they don’t offer the same bang for the buck everywhere, says [...]
- Climate change impacts winter sports
It took four years of intense training, but I am now in Sochi as a proud member of the US Cross Country Skiing Olympic Team. [...]
- Climate change and the taste of a sip of tea
Everyone knows that climate change threatens coastlines and wildlife. But its effects won’t be limited to destroying property and altering the natural world; it will [...]
- How the U.S. Exports Global Warming
he greening of American energy is both real and profound. Since President Obama took office, the nation’s solar capacity has increased more than tenfold. Wind [...]
- Is Europe Retreating From Its Climate Change Leadership?
The European Union’s proposals for a new energy and climate strategy to 2030 have split opinion.
The main components of the package are: