- Climate Change Will Disrupt Food Supplies, Slow Economies
Global warming will disrupt food supplies, slow world economic growth and may already be causing irreversible damage to nature, according to a U.N. report due [...]
- White House announces new climate change data website
As part of its campaign to step up efforts to address climate change, the White House on Wednesday announced the creation of a new website [...]
- World at risk of irreversible changes, scientists warn
The world is at growing risk of “abrupt, unpredictable and potentially irreversible changes” because of a warming climate, America’s premier scientific society warned on Tuesday.
- Key climate-change measurement imperiled
One of the planet’s top dipsticks is in trouble.
The “Keeling curve,” the most famous measurement of the world’s rising levels of carbon dioxide for the [...]
- Wyoming rejects science education standards over climate change
Over the past several years, a number of states have worked with organizations including the National Research Council, National Science Teachers Association, and the American [...]
- Crop Yields Seen Damaged by Climate Change Earlier Than Thought
Corn, wheat and rice yields will start to suffer from climate change in 2030, according to a study led by the U.K.’s University of Leeds [...]
- Senate Democrats’ All-Nighter Flags Climate Change
In the summer of 2010, it was Harry Reid, the Senate’s Democratic leader, who squelched his party’s efforts to pass a climate change bill, declaring [...]
- New NASA Study Warns Of Climate Change’s Pace
NASA jumped back into the discussion of global climate change Tuesday with a new study that showed Earth’s climate will experience roughly 20 percent more [...]
- How Climate Change Drove the Rise of Genghis Khan
The Mongol warlord built the world’s largest land-based empire. But he couldn’t have done it without a change in climate.
In the late 1100s, the Mongol [...]
- How climate change ended world’s first great civilisations
The world’s first great civilisations appear to have collapsed because of an ancient episode of climate change – according to new research carried out by [...]