Better World Club
- Marching Since: April 21, 2006
>Is It Me or Is It Getting Warm Down Here? Better World Club is the nation’s greener, cooler auto club. Admittedly, “coolness” is subjective, but certainly when it comes to global warming: we’re the coolest source for emergency roadside assistance in the U.S.
“Our position on global warming is related to our position on pollution: corporations should not be able to use America’s sky and waterways as free public toilets. Businesses should be responsible, like everyone, for cleaning up their own mess.”
We Put Our Money Where Our Mouth Is
At Better World Club, we do a number of things to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that are understood to cause global warming:
- We offer Carbon Offsets to reduce the Greenhouse Gas Emissions associated with Travel.
- We provide free Carbon Offsets covering the first 2,000 miles of driving to our Auto Insurance clients.
- We give 1% of our gross to support environmental clean and advocacy
- We provide a 15% discount to drivers of alternative vehicle cars.
- We surcharge the owners of the worst gas guzzling cars.
- We offer the nation’s only bicycle roadside assistance.
For more, including our corporate eNewsletter, Kicking Asphalt, (described by one critic as “brilliant” and “funny”) and our Action Alert, Driving Change, click here.
So we urge all Better World Club members—and everyone else except those who will not be affected by global warming—to sign up for the Virtual March on Washington.