Grounds for Change
- Marching Since: August 14, 2006
Rising oceans, rapidly melting glaciers, stronger, more frequent hurricanes, and global heat waves are signals that the earth and its systems are out of balance. Within the framework of this new reality, we must look at every single opportunity to change the way that we operate, on a personal and collective level, as individuals and as businesses, so that we do not continue to jeopardize this amazing and complex living system that we inhabit. The signs are too many to ignore and the cost of inattention and indifference, is much too great.
The everyday choices that we make DO matter. Please consider signing up for green power, utilize mass transit if possible, hang your clothes out to dry, or put on a sweater rather than turning up the heat. Spread the word about the virtual march to your family, friends and neighbors!
In addition to numerous other efforts that we make to operate sustainably, Grounds for Change also offsets the carbon emissions from all aspects of our business, including:
1. The coffee roasting process
2. Transporting green coffee beans from warehouse facilities in port cities to our roastery
3. Shipping roasted coffee to retail and wholesale customers across the country
4. Employee business travel and commutes to and from the roasting facility
Thank you for joining us on this important virtual march!